Natural Literati Trunk/stem Radiata pine . Potential?

Devo12

Mame
Reaction score
Advice ? And would you commit time to a radiata Pine ?:)

Attachments

• B97D855F-1511-4459-AD77-924367B957EE.jpeg
    B97D855F-1511-4459-AD77-924367B957EE.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 120

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
They all start out young and convincing to who? A snob?:confused:
No, but a literati is the image of an old tree that has barely clung to life. They are surprisingly difficult to achieve for that reason. Most believable literati begin as yamadori. A young tree will never make a convincing one.

Devo12

Mame
Reaction score
No, but a literati is the image of an old tree that has barely clung to life. They are surprisingly difficult to achieve for that reason. Most believable literati begin as yamadori. A young tree will never make a convincing one.
So one day it would never ?😂 probs when you’re not around though

Devo12

Mame
Reaction score
Go at it. Enjoy your stick in a pot.
Just because a tree isn't 100 year old makes it not stylish or successful in composition? This tree isn’t old but hold composition. Or this also a stick in a pot to you ?

Attachments

• B39020B7-D1F4-4CFD-86C9-0C0B88AE0533.jpeg
    B39020B7-D1F4-4CFD-86C9-0C0B88AE0533.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 65

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Here is the thing. You come here, asking for advice. I give you my opinion. You don't like it because it is not what you want to hear. You clearly don't understand what a literati is, or how it is related to the art of calligraphy, for example. Yet, you go and call me a snob because I tell you your tree is too young. Which it is. Nothing wrong with a young tree, it has the advantage that it can be styled in a million different ways. But it will not make a convincing literati. But since all you want to hear is, "Oh what a great idea" you call me names. So this is the last time I participate in your threads. I will put you in ignore now.

PS. Look at the bark of your tree. It is the equivalent of a teenager's acne outbreak. Gives away its age, no matter what the fake ID says!

Devo12

Mame
Reaction score
Here is the thing. You come here, asking for advice. I give you my opinion. You don't like it because it is not what you want to hear. You clearly don't understand what a literati is, or how it is related to the art of calligraphy, for example. Yet, you go and call me a snob because I tell you your tree is too young. Which it is. Nothing wrong with a young tree, it has the advantage that it can be styled in a million different ways. But it will not make a convincing literati. But since all you want to hear is, "Oh what a great idea" you call me names. So this is the last time I participate in your threads. I will put you in ignore now.

PS. Look at the bark of your tree. It is the equivalent of a teenager's acne outbreak. Gives away its age, no matter what the fake ID says!
Yes it was quite a snobby thing you said , I was just agreeing 😂 but you clearly don’t know what design, minimalism and abstract art is and what that means to Literati style . It’s going against normal bonsai and creating something different within a tree and creating refinement. Just cause this tree doesn’t have corky bark doesn’t mean in a few years it won’t? Your opinion wasn’t constructive .

you think art and bonsai trees takes a day?

Yugen

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I think that success with this tree will come from many years of uninhibited growth. If you keep the foliar mass low for a long time I think you will have nothing but problems

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The term "believable" is BS term used by snobs/traditionalists to attempt bullying/coercing others to see all things their way. Ignore ignorance:rolleyes:. To these tiny or mame trees can not be believable any more than any smooth bark or decicuous Literati.

Devo12

Mame
Reaction score
The term "believable" is BS term used by snobs/traditionalists to attempt bullying/coercing others to see all things their way. Ignore ignorance:rolleyes:. To these tiny or mame trees can not be believable any more than any smooth bark or decicuous Literati.

Thank you🙏 I appreciate it, I see that word faaar to often

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Take a look at Mach5’s trees.
He has a very nice maple literati.
It’s also very young.
My old boss had a saying posted in his office
“rules are for people who don’t know what they are doing”.

Devo12

Mame
Reaction score
It’s also very young.
Awesome! Just saw his Instagram and he does have young amazing maples ! 😃 and yes great saying and so true

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It’s also very young.
yes, ans all of them believable! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom