Navel Orange progression

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
yah @_space_bard_ it was a nursery plant from 2 springs ago...

in AZ you will do well with citrus. i remember going out there w a GF and stayed at airBNB with
lemons and oranges on trees in the driveway. in tempe i think

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
yah @_space_bard_ it was a nursery plant from 2 springs ago...

in AZ you will do well with citrus. i remember going out there w a GF and stayed at airBNB with
lemons and oranges on trees in the driveway. in tempe i think
Well, not really for my part of AZ. I live in Northern AZ right next to the Utah border (8b). It gets cold enough here for like 2 weeks out of the year to cause damage/die back to citrus trees. I'd just have to bring it in whenever it dropped that low. But yeah, my wife lived in Tempe for a couple years and every tree in her large apartment complex was a Navel or Grapefruit tree. We had an endless supply of free fresh juice lol.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Well, not really for my part of AZ. I live in Northern AZ right next to the Utah border (8b). It gets cold enough here for like 2 weeks out of the year to cause damage/die back to citrus trees. I'd just have to bring it in whenever it dropped that low. But yeah, my wife lived in Tempe for a couple years and every tree in her large apartment complex was a Navel or Grapefruit tree. We had an endless supply of free fresh juice lol.
nice. big fan of matts offroad recovery on YT, from sand hollow state park.
we went from tempe to scottsdale, sedona, grandcanyon, then down to flagstaff. epic area, dude.

id be dribing a 4dr rubicon out there for sure and spending my evenings exploring and camping with all the land out there.

i have it good with my setup in MA (i surf 10 mins from my house, 5 mins to work, and can snowboard NH in 2.5 hr drive)
but ill be damned that land out there is special. i cant walk my dog anywhere in my state without seeing other people, put it that way

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
nice. big fan of matts offroad recovery on YT, from sand hollow state park.
we went from tempe to scottsdale, sedona, grandcanyon, then down to flagstaff. epic area, dude.

id be dribing a 4dr rubicon out there for sure and spending my evenings exploring and camping with all the land out there.

i have it good with my setup in MA (i surf 10 mins from my house, 5 mins to work, and can snowboard NH in 2.5 hr drive)
but ill be damned that land out there is special. i cant walk my dog anywhere in my state without seeing other people, put it that way
I'm originally from the PNW, and I miss the rain and forests, but yeah it's beautiful up here. I'm not really a pine or juniper kind of guy, but I'm forcing myself to like them because apparently I live in a Yamadori paradise for those trees lol.

1629399609725.png

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I'm originally from the PNW, and I miss the rain and forests, but yeah it's beautiful up here. I'm not really a pine or juniper kind of guy, but I'm forcing myself to like them because apparently I live in a Yamadori paradise for those trees lol.

View attachment 392595
very nice! looks like mars with Pines

Top Bottom