Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice tour, thanks for reporting...

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Very nice. The camera is nice. Maybe it is my system which has been giving me some difficulty lately but I am receiving no sound??

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
"This video has been removed by the user."

Random User

Reaction score
If you go to Youtube there is a notification that your audio was muted because the music clip that you used was claimed.

Personally, I like it when videos are (especially longish ones) without music clips because everyone has their own taste in music. I like the Graham Potter videos, but you have to listen to the music to some degree, because you never know when he's going to come back on with little instructables, or comments. However, getting the sound of a die grinder or wind noise for 15 minutes straight is oftentimes far worse than listening to the worst music... IMO.

I'm sure you'll find what works for you... I know there is a lot to work with the first few clips and I just use mine for a personal resource.

I think you'll find, if you are going to use yours in 4K much, you'll have to use a tripod, or gimbal stabilizer system.

Anyway, have fun with it, they are a nifty little gadget to be sure.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Not only is the audio gone, but the whole clip has been pulled. :(

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Very nicely done. Thanks

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
How is it that all the deciduous trees are able to be inside where it's warm at this time of year? They won't break dormancy? I noticed the tropicals in the video so it's obviously not kept colder while the trees are there.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
How is it that all the deciduous trees are able to be inside where it's warm at this time of year? They won't break dormancy? I noticed the tropicals in the video so it's obviously not kept colder while the trees are there.
All these trees were just entering dormancy and it would take more then a few days inside to get them to start growing again. Do this in the late winter and it might be a different story, I suppose.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Actually, I thought that one JM was looking to pop new buds all over, did anyone else notice that?

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Lol!!! You must have been videoing when they took my table in to photograph!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dormancy doesn't work like that. Deciduous tree species have to meet a genetically programmed number of "chilling hours" to be able to break dormancy. That time varies species to species, but for the most part, it means months (thousands of hours) of successive cold exposure.

Once those chilling hours are met the tree CAN begin to grow IF the soil is warm enough.

This is a "fail safe" trees have evolved to prevent them from budding out during a warm spell late winter. If they could begin growing after a couple of warm days in the winter, they'd be killed.

Last edited:

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Lol!!! You must have been videoing when they took my table in to photograph!
What tree was yours. I don't think I missed anything.
Yup, your JBP and Curt's palmatum didn't make it- they were on the table against the back wall opposite Rodney Clemons' fantastic Kingsville.

Top Bottom