Ned Lycett - Deadwood Bonsai

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I went out to Ned Lycett's place to look at his stock today and possibly buy one of his collected Sierra Junipers. He has a side business called, Deadwood Bonsai, where he sells his collected material; mostly Sierras. I had bought this one back in 2012 from him but it sadly ended up in the wood pile. May he rest in peace 🙏

He showed me a bunch of his newly collected material from this past fall including this monster. Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do it justice for it's size or the amazing deadwood and live vein that it has. My eleven year old, Simon stood in for scale to give you an idea. He said it took him and another guy to get it out of there. He estimated it at 300 lbs and about 1000 years old. The pot this thing will need is probably going to require that he takes a second mortgage on his house!
IMG_20200308_111413.jpg

Last edited:

revolution

Seedling
Reaction score
How did you contact Ned? I cant seem to find a website for his business. thank you.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
I went out to Ned Lycett's place to look at his stock today and possibly buy one of his collected Sierra Junipers. He has a side business called, Deadwood Bonsai, where he sells his collected material; mostly Sierras. I had bought this one back in 2012 from him but it sadly ended up in the wood pile. May he rest in peace 🙏

He showed me a bunch of his newly collected material from this past fall including this monster. Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do it justice for it's size or the amazing deadwood and live vein that it has. My eleven year old, Simon stood in for scale to give you an idea. He said it took him and another guy to get it out of there. He estimated it at 300 lbs and about 1000 years old. The pot this thing will need is probably going to require that he takes a second mortgage on his house!

That is an amazing tree, did you add a new tree to your collection?

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
That is an amazing tree, did you add a new tree to your collection?
No. I added two trees. 😁

This Sierra Juniper

And this Procumbens Nana

Top Bottom