Need a pot suggestion

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
Ok guys and gals; please take a gander and post a pic of the pot you’d suggest! Please and thank you !

Attachments

• BF4CDFC2-5760-4136-B1B3-A50FB343B849.jpeg
    BF4CDFC2-5760-4136-B1B3-A50FB343B849.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 35

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So...what did you research so far that gives you a shape idea, size and color? You should have some ideas...it is your creation.

Helpful.....
Photo looking at it straight on with your front....not a sideways top down view.
Some dimensions....height, trunk width, anything else.
Research this type tree in a bonsai pot....take a look at what you like to see.
These details will also help...you...in your selection.

Last edited:

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
Thanks. Monday morning I’ll take a better pic

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
To me.....and I’m way over here miles and miles away....and not in front of the tree.....it looks like it needs a lot of work and foliage decisions before really thinking about a pot. I’d keep it planted as is for development work during a couple seasons at least. Maybe more seasons. Then...think about the right pot. I bought to many pots to early myself and none of them were used....the tree changed....and so did I in my pot desire.

That container has drain holes...right?
The tree is keep outdoors...right? Just inside for a photo. Your location is not shown...I would add that to your profile, a general vicinity and zone, so others can be more helpful.

Last edited:

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The attached is not my tree....it just has a resemblance to your tree accidentally....I just swiped an internet image to illustrate what straight on looks like. This viewing will be helpful to you also.
D2B6843E-364D-43AE-9FD8-373E3BC6F965.jpeg

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
Yeah inside for the pics and to show off. Outside 95% of time. It’s a metal bed pan.. I drilled 6 holes in bottom for drainage.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think your tree needs a good foliage clean out and a season of good health. But you can get a few ideas of what....might be.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
After you clean out the foliage you may begin to see a pot and tree combination starting to gel....but my first priority would be health. Buy a pot now....you might not even have a tree. Health first.

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been leery to make any more cuts until it gets accustomed to its transplant..

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
And man I pray it survives. I know I’m partial cause it’s mine but I love the trunk and it’s shape. I think it’s nicer than most I’ve seen for sale!

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
And man I pray it survives. I know I’m partial cause it’s mine but I love the trunk and it’s shape. I think it’s nicer than most I’ve seen for sale!
I think you’ll have a great deal of fun cleaning out the foliage and seeing the tree take on a more refined image. It does have potential....alive.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like how the trunk matches the wall.

That first pic has great movement though.

It's gonna depend on what direction IT wants to go in. Cascade or upright?
It's already a Literati so upright seems more fitting.

But the part directly exiting the soil should be less parallel to the pot rim, and fixing that seems to mean making it more cascadish. Unless you bury it deeper, but it seems pulling it out more could be better from this point.
The next turn right under the soil should offer you a few placement options.

Once you figure out what direction the tree will go in....you can start picking a pot.

If you want to buy both....
Well, you could do either in a crescent but those are played out IMO.

I got a similar J in a Dave Lowman (sp) from Iowa scoop, I like the natural look of em and it ain't a crescent, plus, the "All American" display at the last Nationals was in a Dave pot so there's that!

I have a couple unglazed Sam Miller Pots that might fit in. Nice semi-bunjin hybrid pots too.

Sorce

Top Bottom