Need a quick answer with this little Mame please!?!?

Reaction score
should of asked the question before I did this huh lol? Thus Ficus is in a small pot as you can see. Then placed into a little plastic cup so the roots could grow out threw the hole and into the cup to grownlonger. Well I did this because I wanted to change the soil because it's getting hotter and the soils dried out to quick. To my surprise there is a lot of roots, more then I exspected!!! Now what do I do!?! Do I cut those roots away and leave it be in the tiny pot, do I cut the roots away and also take tree out the pot to prune back roots, or should I just keep it as is and put it back into the bigger pot with better soil to let it continue to grow

Attachments

• IMG_3479.JPG
    IMG_3479.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3480.JPG
    IMG_3480.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 35

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If you want good growth just put it back in the bigger pot as it was. If you want to slow it down you could cut the roots away and put it back as before. I do this all the time in my hot and dry climate, normally I leave them alone for most of the growing season for better growth.

Aaron

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
If you want to see actual growth, leave the roots and repot the tree into a much bigger training pot.

Top Bottom