Need advice on an odd ficus

Reaction score
USDA Zone
This ficus was my father’s for quite a few years, I took it over a couple months ago and repotted, pruned, and wired. The rootball is a mess but it’s healthy and growing. What I’m wondering is if I should make a full chop, taking the left back to just the straight portion of the trunk, and the right to just above the split. Would appreciate some of your opinions, thanksimage.jpg

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This ficus was my father’s for quite a few years, I took it over a couple months ago and repotted, pruned, and wired. The rootball is a mess but it’s healthy and growing. What I’m wondering is if I should make a full chop, taking the left back to just the straight portion of the trunk, and the right to just above the split. Would appreciate some of your opinions, thanksView attachment 441529
I would not cut off anything else on this tree until you allow it to flush out more. Health and growth are not always synonymous. I wouldn’t call your tree based on appearance unhealthy, but I also wouldn’t call it healthy either.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think I will give it quite a while no matter what. Forgot to mention that this is about 20% of the original foliage already

Top Bottom