Need Help Identifying & Finding Direction

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
This tree was one that I rescued after a friend passed away and her plants hadn't been watered for about 6 months other than rain and we don't get much. I don't know what type of a tree it is and don't even know where to start. After I got it, a lot of it was already dead and I have just let it sit and try to recover the best that it could. Has a nice base on it but as you see a lot of the tree is dead and has sprouts here and there. Can anyone help identify it and is it something that you think that I can make into a decent tree?
100_3985.jpg 100_3987.jpg 100_3990.jpg 100_3991.jpg 100_3992.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Jamie

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
If not malus, flowering cherry?

qwade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hibiscus (Hibisceae) .Sub tropical or tropical tree. Lots of different species Usually produces large showy leaves.Not frost tolerant. Bring in when temps dip below 45 F . Most deciduous. Cut back dead branches to live growth for starters. They like it wet but not soggy. Big feeders so fertilize during growing season. Rest in winter.. Hope this helps.Good luck

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
It has been outdoors the last two winters. Since I have had it the growth has been good. I cut off a long straight branch that was going straight up. Hasn't shown any type of flowers, buds etc. Although this may have to do with its condition. I think that I'd like to leave some of the deadwood so I just need to decide where to start cutting. Thanks

Jamie

Top Bottom