Need help identifying my new bonsai

Thedonindy

Seed
Reaction score
Can some one help me identify this bonsai? My father gave me the bonsai and need all the advice and help I can get. Thanks

Attachments

• 20190213_223349.jpg
    20190213_223349.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 20190213_223414.jpg
    20190213_223414.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 59

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Survive indoors? Nyet:eek:! Add location to profile please.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Unfortunately...if kept indoors....it may already be lacking in survival.

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
It's a good looking little tree.
Sadly it won't be that way for long. As others have said, take it outside.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Dudes & Dudettes, take it easier on this new beginner. All your responses were negative and not offering any help.

First ask where they are. And wait for the response. Also ask where they intend to grow this procumbens. And wait for the response. You all know perfectly well that Jack Wilke can and does grow Juniper procumbens indoors under lights. If any juniper has a chance of surviving indoors it is the procumbens juniper. The other junipers all need much brighter light and a much colder dormant season. Procumbens is much more forgiving than all other juniper species. Yes it is very ''advanced horticulture'' to keep a juniper happy growing 100% under lights, but it can and has been done, don't jump to the most negative response, be a little more gentle.

In parts of Florida and Texas and the Gulf Coast, it is already time to begin putting trees outside. If the OP just recently received this tree, it would be simple to hold it indoors for a short while then adapt the tree to growing outdoors. Walk this new potential member through the process.

THanks

Top Bottom