Need Help Identifying my Tree!

Reaction score
Hello, I just received the most beautiful bonsai tree and I am having a difficult time identifying the type of Juniper (I believe it is a Juniper) bonsai it is.

Can anyone help?

IMG_2703.JPGIMG_4701.JPG

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is probably procumbens nana, the dwarf garden juniper.
Welcome

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Welcome!

Because your photo is inside, are you keeping this tree indoors? If so, you must keep it outside to ensure it’s success.

Reaction score
Welcome!

Because your photo is inside, are you keeping this tree indoors? If so, you must keep it outside to ensure it’s success.
thank you for the reply TN_Jim - I was hoping to keep it indoors. I was told the juniper could thrive both inside or outside - is that not true?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Under the very best of care it is possible to keep inside if all of the proper conditions are met, but for all practical purposes it can't been done and certainly will never thrive. It is a tough plant so find a place outside for it asap.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
thank you for the reply TN_Jim - I was hoping to keep it indoors. I was told the juniper could thrive both inside or outside - is that not true?
The person who said you can keep it inside can not be trusted! You must disavow them!...perhaps smote!

I’d find a good spot that gets a minimum of 6 hrs direct (outside) sun if possible.

...Wonder any other thoughts on this 6 hr minimum idea..

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

You can keep it inside if you spend the $ on making the inside like the outside.

But then, the outside is there and cheaper!

Sorce

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The experts wouldn't think of keeping a Juniper indoors because of the difficulty factor verses how easy they grow outdoors all year. Beginners should only have very forgivable trees, like figs (Ficus). Buying one because you fall in love with a given appearance at the store is also bad. The most common source of failure (death) is buying a plant that requires conditions or care that can't be given. Walk before you run...

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
@Nicolina Lanni The good thing is it looks like you have a garden in the background. It's a good idea to keep your bonsai off the floor - that bench would be ideal if it was in full sun for most of the day. Because it is a cascade I'd find a way to tie it to the bench, eg bungie cord or similar. Strong gusts of wind can cause it to topple.

Top Bottom