need help!! selling some bonsai or willing to trade for services

marineonenine

Seedling
Reaction score
I have acquired some bonsai trees over the years. Ive inherited and also acquired a few from the late (2011) president of the san diego bonsai club. I'm sorry but, I have been quite busy and cannot completely recall all the info on some of the trees that I am offering. I am located in san diego. I also have a few bonsai pots as well. please pm me if interested. thank you

Attachments

• IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_5297.jpg
    IMG_5297.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5282.jpg
    IMG_5282.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 126

Bonsai_Bubba

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have acquired some bonsai trees over the years. Ive inherited and also acquired a few from the late (2011) president of the san diego bonsai club. I'm sorry but, I have been quite busy and cannot completely recall all the info on some of the trees that I am offering. I am located in san diego. I also have a few bonsai pots as well. please pm me if interested. thank you

Very interested in that elm in the first picture. How much would you want for it?

marineonenine

Seedling
Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't know actual value. just an estimated.... was really looking for a trade in services to help maintain/re-pot some of the trees. how do you even value the trees???? sorry for the newbie question

Bonsai_Bubba

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
A tree is worth what someone will pay for it. :p

You might also think about contacting local members of the club and guilt trip them into either teaching you how to care for the trees yourself or offer continuing services. I'd offer to help, but I think you could find someone closer who doesn't need a plane ticket.

Or you could have an auction on ebay or the Facebook bonsai classifieds group. I kind of like the latter better than the former because you can get an idea as to who is buying your tree and if they will be able to care for it.

Last edited:

marineonenine

Seedling
Reaction score
thanks. i think i will do the latter as well. I did try to contact fellow members but, i just do not have the time for classes.

fraser67

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
PST
I'd go to Bosai Classifieds on FaceBook as well...great site. That Elm should fetch a little... you might want to consult with someone to at least have an idea. Perhaps Mark Goodman (runs classifieds) might be of help. He might help set a reserve...
Good luck

Sekibonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You can also try Bonsai Swap Meet on Facebook as well ans see if anyone is interested in your services.

Top Bottom