Sorce

Attachments

• potteryclay.pdf
    645 KB · Views: 2

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Anthony I have been enjoying this book, and in doing so, can't stop thinking about how you asked Peter to ask me something because I have this information....I just want to be sure that I am helping in all that I can, since I am so grateful to you for getting me this book.

A couple more excerpts from
Frank Hamer's...
A Potter's Dictionary of Materials and Techniques.
Available under $40 on Amazon.

This is an excellent understanding of why a pot will warp with different ribbing Techniques and directions. The science behind the warp.
20200222_230449~2.jpg

And this is just because I was happy to read a justification of my feelings.20200308_090445~3.jpg

I was contemplating my reclaim clay made pots the other day.....my teapot is made from it.
It had a mixture of Standard 266, which is a Manganese Brown body like yours, some Amaco Buff #46, a groggy red and a groggy white...all mixed together. It came out a basic warm brown.

I think you can simply mix that Dark Body with their buff and end up with a decent end product.

Sorce

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@sorce ,

clay is even easier after Chemistry. When you are ready the
next set of books will appear.
Best to you.
Anthony

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bolero shoed Paul Revere's horse.

Sorce

I went looking for me talking about almost being named John Paul, searched it and found this funny ass thread!

Anyway, Went looking cuz I realized yesterday how this potting endeavor of mine has been absolutely surrounded with great Pauls.

Not to forget the excellent fellers on this thread!

I appreciate you'se!

Bolero was owed monies by King Solomon.

Sorce

Top Bottom