Need some help with guy fast!!!

Reaction score
Not so new to bonsai I been doing it 3yrs now, but this Parrot Beak I got last Monday I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. "Serious of events"..... I Bought it Monday, Tuesday I gave it a trim, repotted, kept in dappled sun for the next 2 days, then gave it a little morning sun and now this!!! This happen before the little bit of morning sun. It's wilting really bad. When repotting I did a slip pot and no root pruning. The foliage I pruned was just the really dense stuff nothing thick. So I don't know why all the stress. Reason I ask, because I never delt with this spieces. Kind of reminds me of my Fukien Tea when it wilted like this, indoors all winter under good grow lights and soon as I brought it outside it wilted. Brought it back in shot back up. Was told Fukien aren't happy with changes and in time I decided to just keep it out and it's thriving, is that the case with the Parrot Beak? Can't wrap my head around why so stressed other then the light changes? Have done so many repots from the nursey into another pot. Now some leaves looking like there curling and falling off. Any help me great!!!

Also I bought 2 of these and the other one I gave to a friend which did actually what I did with just less pruning and his is doing the same.....

Attachments

• IMG_3293.JPG
    IMG_3293.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3306.JPG
    IMG_3306.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3319.JPG
    IMG_3319.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3321.JPG
    IMG_3321.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 110
Reaction score
1st picture - How I bought it
2nd - After some pruning and repot
3rd - Wilting bad
4th- leaves are curling and dying

makarovnik

Mame
Reaction score
Did you order it online? I had ordered trees from ebay and a few that would wilt and even drop leaves. It goes through a lot of stress when being shipped.

Reaction score
No I bought it from a Nursery personally. I brought it home and let it be for a day before working on anything. I worked on it and the next day still everything was fine, The 3rd day this happened. Its not happy about something lol. But yes I understand about shipped trees, I been there before lol

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
You will likely be fine. Don't panic they are VERY tough. It may very well drop most of its leaves after the repot. You are putting it through tons of changes after all. The one I just got did the same thing and I just kept it in good light and did not allow it to dry completely but don't drown it either. You could tent it if you really wanted to and making a little greenhouse to keep the humidity up. There are a few folks on here that are more experienced than me with them

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Bonsaikev1985
After repotting the Gmelina needs 7 days of bright light.
Then a spot with just early morning sun for another 7.

Keep just evenly moist and no fertiliser for a month please.

If it survives, please allow to grow extensions say 10 leaves or so.
Then cut back to 1 leaf.
Take cutting. root and practice your techniques on the cuttings.

Check Gmelina at Wigerts for extra information.
I left a post some days ago with the direction but you should be able to Google.
Good Luck
Anthony

DurMan

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Exactly. Following the wisdom of "Never name your child after a virtue, lest they grow to be the antithesis of their name," my trees have names like "Rootrot" "Overpruned" and "Unfortunate Cat Accident."

"The Carter parents were a quiet and respectable Lancre family who got into a bit of a mix-up when it came to naming their children. First, they had four daughters, who were christened Hope, Chastity, Prudence, and Charity, because naming girls after virtues is an ancient and unremarkable tradition. Then their first son was born and out of some misplaced idea about how this naming business was done he was called Anger Carter, followed later by Jealousy Carter, Bestiality Carter and Covetousness Carter. Life being what it is, Hope turned out to be a depressive, Chastity was enjoying life as a lady of negotiable affection in Ankh-Morpork, Prudence had thirteen children, and Charity expected to get a dollar’s change out of seventy-five pence–whereas the boys had grown into amiable, well-tempered men, and Bestiality Carter was, for example, very kind to animals."

Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
One possibility, the new soil was dry. If soil has a lot of peat moss, it can be difficult to wet the first time it is watered. You might have to soak it for an hour or so, the first few times you water the plant.

Dig finger into mix to be sure it is moist.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You already said that the difference occurred after you gave it more sun. Stick with the dappled sun bright shade.

Top Bottom