Need some quick opinions

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As stated above, the slab has better balance. Besides, that pot is so damn ugly. You should put it in the trash. Let me know when you do. Conversely, I could just haul it away for you. No charge for this service.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My reasoning. The pot is symmetrical and has no direction left or right, the planting is mostly also symmetrical and doesn’t seem to be directed either way. The slab has a wide side and a thinner side giving directionality, right to left. The planting with the slab felt out of balance. And it’s a Sara rayner pot....sooooo. Either way, great looking trees as usual @VAFisher

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I like the pot much better.
I suspect that I like walls of containment that entice me to better viewing.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow. Look pretty in either container!!:p

But maybe the slab could allow for some clever ground cover/secondary planting ala Arthur Joura or Wally Paul?
Have to figure that would take a little more planning/acquiring material. So maybe best to look forwards to the next re-pot when a more informed/defined presentation becomes clearer.🤔
Only limited exposure/experience with containerized Beech, so I'm curious as to how aggressive your "root hand" can be at re-pot? Seems to be quite the mass here...😮

Looks slab-tastic!!!.........but I like this iteration as well...🔥

Top Bottom