Need some suggestions for websites that sell decent pots.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Hello guys! what website do you buy your bonsai pots from ? Please suggest some good ones for me to check out. Thanks

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Matt Ouwinga lusts his pots on eBay.

But, if you contact him directly, he’ll sell them to you directly.

There are also Facebook auctions.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
You could buy from the potters here @sorce @Soldano666 @ABCarve and several others (sorry I didn't list all, but my memory sucks) make and sell pots. The only online pots I have purchased are from Chuck Iker and Matt Ouwinga who Adair mentioned as I was typing this.

Last edited:

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello guys! what website do you buy your bonsai pots from ? Please suggest some good ones for me to check out. Thanks
Matt Ouwinga is pretty darn close to D.C. in Upper Marlboro, MD. Not that far of a drive and he has tons of excellent stuff--all high end, though, but a lot of it comparable in price to lower quality stuff on websites...Worth a visit...

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Matt Ouwinga is pretty darn close to D.C. in Upper Marlboro, MD. Not that far of a drive and he has tons of excellent stuff--all high end, though, but a lot of it comparable in price to lower quality stuff on websites...Worth a visit...

Oh Wow ! Din't know that, there's a guy selling really high end pots on Ebay locating in Dunkirk, Md also. Some of his pots are $10k+ ...Wayyyy too rich for my blood but just throwing it out there lol.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
NVM...I clicked on the Ebay link on Matt Ouwinga's website and it took me to the high end Ebay listing that I mention above lol. It's the same guy.

canoeguide

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've got these two sites bookmarked, but haven't ordered anything from them. Does anyone have any experience with these vendors? The first one offers some nice yixing pots for decent prices and very reasonable shipping IMHO. The shipping kills a lot of the Facebook auctions for me. $14.95 to ship a $30 production pot? No thanks. (With that said, I've bought a fair bit from the auctions.)

https://www.bonsaivision.com/

https://bonsaitrees.com/

Last edited:

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
I need some of those $19.99 pots. Where do you find those shaped and sized for bonsai. They can be as ugly as two beached whales fighting over a pickle for all I care

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
Just potted a boxwood I’m learning on in a 5 gallon water bottle I cut in half

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 43

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I need some of those $19.99 pots. Where do you find those shaped and sized for bonsai. They can be as ugly as two beached whales fighting over a pickle for all I care
Brussel's has some pretty cheap pots that are OK if you're not looking for anything fancy.

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
Buy the plant, plant the “bonsai” in the garden, use the pot for a real bonsai.

Attachments

• CBC765AC-D1C9-4DB8-9D01-B7F4EC1A2E07.png
    CBC765AC-D1C9-4DB8-9D01-B7F4EC1A2E07.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 46

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
Dang it is cheaper to buy the plant in the pot at Lowe’s than it is to just buy the pot! See above vs this one!

Attachments

• 64CAAD1E-62AA-41A2-8DAF-F9F77B7B9DED.png
    64CAAD1E-62AA-41A2-8DAF-F9F77B7B9DED.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom