Need Translation

Jason

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I've noted that many people on this forum seem to have language skills that I lack. Anyone able to translate this? I don't really know where to start. :confused: I'd like to think it means "rest room" but I'm not so sure.

Attachments

• IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes thats an easy one, its says "Rest Room" I think the top part is some kind of foreign language though....:rolleyes:

ed

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
It means"Please hurry,don't take to long"

Harry

Attachments

• klytus.jpg
    klytus.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 17

SamC

Seed
Reaction score
Yes, it literally means "restroom, lavatory", it is pronounced "oh tea rai". The second character has a general meaning of "hand", the third "washing".

Jason

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, it literally means "restroom, lavatory", it is pronounced "oh tea rai". The second character has a general meaning of "hand", the third "washing".

Thanks much. I'm glad. It's on the door of a staff restroom in a business I purchased and it's made me a little uneasy. When I asked the former proprietor what it meant he always got this shit eating grin on his face. I wasn't sure if he new what it meant or was messing with me.... I'll rest easier knowing I don't have some sort of profanity gracing the doors. It's Japanese then? I wasn't even sure what language it was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom