Needle cut on JBP Cascade

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Rockm, you think everything I post is "Attackish", so why am I not surprised ???"

No, actually I don't. You just seem to take everything so very personally...

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Rockm, sorry but I gave up arguing here at B-NUT regarding useless posts...":rolleyes:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Which for some reason you feel as though I lack some sort of knowledge because of, and feel the need to try and show me the errors
of my way ??? Go figure...

Despite the fact that you give yourself too much credit in believing how you think my mind somehow works ???

Lighten up. I guess you live by the adage "when I want your opinion, I'll tell you what it is". I tried to help, as best I could, BECAUSE YOU ASKED FOR IT and you are flaming me for it. Like I said before, it is my opinion, and you are welcome to it or not, that is completely up to you. Sorry you didn't like it. But as far as the rest of your commentary goes, I have to admit, you are giving yourself WAY too much credit. I couldn't care less how your mind works. Get over yourself.

iant

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I think the notion of giving traditional advice is interesting... Of course there are great examples in art and nature of beauty that doesn't follow the traditional. When non-traditional is at it's best it probably trumps traditional. But there is still a reason why traditional is traditional. You can probably grow a tree breaking all of the 'rules' that would look outstanding but it may be that it's harder to pull off or that it takes longer (as in nature) to have the look work. This may be longer than the time some of us have. This may be part of why the 'rules' and text books recommend what they do.
So I think that you should feel free in not following 'rules' or tradition.
But I also think you shouldn't feel surprised or offended if someone offers you traditional advice. On the average traditional advice probably works better than non-tradition.
Just my two cents,
Ian

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can someone explain to me why this guy comes here asking for advice then gets all pissy with the people taking the time to give him some?

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hi Stacy. I think I might be able to suggest something to minimize the thin trunk issue and make the tree look older. This does not change the style you have chosen for the tree, but rather, if I am understanding what you are going for, make it more along what you want. By cutting back the end section, this will shorten the tree and create a more compact image. Hence, it may minimize the thin long trunk look. Also, wiring that whorl up just slightly, will create a new apex. I noticed there are 2 buds there. One could be the apex and the one connected to it can be part of the apex and make a nice side branch. Actually, in time, that whorl might just grow and extend up anyway so wiring may not even be necesssary.

Here are the virts.

Rob

10.jpg

jbp451.jpg

Top Bottom