NEVER BEEN THERE

Random Usr

Chumono
Reaction score
I've never been to a bonsai museum or an exhibit. I planed to visit one in Slovakia (a full day's journey from here) the last time we were in my wife's native country. I worked out the route and figured out what day would be the best to make the side-trip. But when we got down to Košice, her friend's husband took me to Bonsai Centrum nursery in town. I was so impressed I decided not to spend the time and money to journey to the museum!

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
And how much tree's did you take home? :p

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
you saved the money for the trip... might as well spend it on trees.

Random Usr

Chumono
Reaction score
Sounds like.. You need to come to Noelanders in January!

Yes, it does sound that way :D!

They wear those pants in Sweden? Those are pretty sporty!

I bought two pair of them in a Vietnamese shop right there in Košice. Good thing we didn't go to Bayern, eh?
elite-lederhose-donker-bruin-knee-over-met-borduur.jpg

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Crap, now you bust out with the suspenders. Bravo! Nanu Nanu.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I haven't been to either as well...Had a dream I was going to be in the area of one...A few days later I had the second part to that dream. The best part of the dream was being scared batty with my son driving my jeep on a roller coaster track meant for vehicles...lol The tree collection ended up being one of a newbie's collection...most were skeletons of once was live trees but now dead...and nothing to write home about. I think only three were alive in the entire display. I recall waking quite disappointed. lol

Glad your viewing of trees out shined my own dream.

Random Usr

Chumono
Reaction score
I haven't been to either as well...Had a dream I was going to be in the area of one...A few days later I had the second part to that dream. The best part of the dream was being scared batty with my son driving my jeep on a roller coaster track meant for vehicles...lol The tree collection ended up being one of a newbie's collection...most were skeletons of once was live trees but now dead...and nothing to write home about. I think only three were alive in the entire display. I recall waking quite disappointed. lol

Glad your viewing of trees out shined my own dream.

That wasn't a dream. That was a nightmare you had! Maybe we should both take Leatherback's advice and go to Noelanders in January. Actually, since he said that I've been giving some serious thought.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That wasn't a dream. That was a nightmare you had! Maybe we should both take Leatherback's advice and go to Noelanders in January. Actually, since he said that I've been giving some serious thought.

lol...Possibly...if it weren't for the roller coaster JEEP ride. Though I was screaming like a girl in my dream the entire time. lol Though if I have plans to travel...I will be heading out to Dan's place...to see some of those trees show cased in that book I recently got of Will's...I love that they aren't overly manicured. Not that I don't appreciate manicured ones and what talent that goes into it. Dan's look on Bonsai sort of parallels with my own. On not wanting to fully tame them. Leaving them a bit wild about the edges. Not for all...but for me DEFINITELY!

Random Usr

Chumono
Reaction score
The hell with the Lederhosens; let's see some of those trees!

Sorry. I didn't take any photos of the trees, except by happenstance ..... me and Juraj in the first photo. But here is a decent link with a photo-show:

http://www.bonsaicentrumkosice.sk/
P1230003b.jpg

..... and a couple from Google:

_f_6IMG_4186.jpg

143.jpg

AND A YOUTUBE VIDEO:

Last edited:

Random Usr

Chumono
Reaction score
lol...Possibly...if it weren't for the roller coaster JEEP ride. Though I was screaming like a girl in my dream the entire time. lol Though if I have plans to travel...I will be heading out to Dan's place...to see some of those trees show cased in that book I recently got of Will's...I love that they aren't overly manicured. Not that I don't appreciate manicured ones and what talent that goes into it. Dan's look on Bonsai sort of parallels with my own. On not wanting to fully tame them. Leaving them a bit wild about the edges. Not for all...but for me DEFINITELY!

Which Dan was that now?

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thank you.
Your quite welcome...this book in hand has truely added fuel to my flame...my thought process isn't anything new. Which is refreshing to hear. I just happened to find the same path so to speak...where he first began. Not anything remotely to the degree of knowledge...but plan on having his book help ground me in where I wanted to be headed. Not worrying about others...but enjoying my journey.

Top Bottom