New Airlayer

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I was messing around and wanted to shorten a maple that I have it is about 3.5 feet tall so I tried an air layer. I know my timing is suspect. I did the work at the end of July. After 1 month I can see several substantial roots. I figure I have about a month and a half before first will start hitting us. My question is, that is going to be a short time to acumate these new roots. This is my first successful air layer. What is the best plan to get this through the winter? Thanks for the help.

SORRY, DON'T KNOW HOW TO DELETE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I was messing around and wanted to shorten a maple that I have it is about 3.5 feet tall so I tried an air layer. I know my timing is suspect. I did the work at the end of July. After 1 month I can see several substantial roots. I figure I have about a month and a half before first will start hitting us. My question is, that is going to be a short time to acumate these new roots. This is my first successful air layer. What is the best plan to get this through the winter? Thanks for the help.

SORRY, DON'T KNOW HOW TO DELETE.
You can overwinter an air layer. Just protect it from low temperatures in an unheated garage or shed.

Top Bottom