New baby JBP

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
13 c is too high. It would need to stay below 10 c.

You can search for "Japanese black pine dormancy requirements" for more info.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, but the room is without eating and in winter the temperature will be min 8 max 10 13 C° or even lower. I don't think the temperature is enough to awake the plant
Perhaps not but dry inside air bad for health of tree. What is climate zone please?

bonsai-max

Shohin
Reaction score
Climate Zone ? I live in Switzerland Basel
Under the Köppen system, Basel features an oceanic climate although with notable continental influences due to its relatively far inland position with cool to cold, overcast winters and warm to hot, humid summers.

The city averages 118.2 days of rain or snow annually and on average receives 842 mm (33.1 in) of precipitation. The wettest month is May during which time Basel receives an average of 98 mm (3.9 in) of rain. The month with the most days of precipitation is also May, with an average of 11.7 days. The driest month of the year is February with an average of 45 mm (1.8 in) of precipitation over 8.4 days.

Capture.JPG

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I don't think you will need to rush into giving this tree a shape, but here is a good article to read. I have three 2 year old JBP that if I had not given them some movement this year I would had lost my opportunity, as they thickened up a lot in our weather.

Top Bottom