New Backyard Displays

fore

Omono
Reaction score
I've been working on this for about 6 wks off and on. All stands are 38-48" tall to keep my German Shepherds from eating the organics, and all 6"x6" post sunk in yard or stands with large feet for concrete pad. I stained the concrete pad last yr.

Also a couple pics of the collected yews taking off after last yrs collection.

Attachments

• image-8.jpeg
    image-8.jpeg
    406 KB · Views: 93
  • image-7.jpeg
    image-7.jpeg
    421.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image-6.jpeg
    image-6.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 86
  • image-5.jpeg
    image-5.jpeg
    485 KB · Views: 88
  • image-4.jpeg
    image-4.jpeg
    500 KB · Views: 90

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Looks nice... and like many hours with Dremel in your hand ahead.:)

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Many hrs for sure...but no way on a Dremel. But even with a Foredom, it'll be a lot of work.

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
That's great. Funny how we enjoy them more when nicely displayed.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Real nice, I like the color of the wood, it sets off the trees nicely. I agree that nice display areas compliment the tree and allow for better viewing. I like the brickwork patio too.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. It was a lot of work but well worth the final result. And, being someone who is never content, and a Type A, the obvious next big project is a a new deck. Next Yr! hehe The back area is kind of like my small front garden, I add a perinnial each yr. and slowly, it's looking better. But anyway, this project really needed to be done. Last yr. the dogs got into my organics, knocking over several trees incl my best one of course...even knocking over a 4 cement cinders stand while playing. (68# 1 y/o and mr destruction, a 90# 1.5 y/o male) So it had to be solid! And this would've been done much earlier if we weren't having this crazy cold spring. And I'm way behind wiring a couple Ponderosa's, and JMaples need repotting still. What we do for our hobby! ;p

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
German Shepherds
Mine actually ate all of the foliage off of a yatsabusa elm last year. Stood up,grabbed it and treated it like a chew toy. It lives but looks like it was dragged behind a truck.
Mine is just a year old. 80 lbs. Rupert. He is the Lord of the yard. Nothing gets in or out without his approval.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Rupert, I love it! We have Ella and Austin. As a fellow bonsai lover and dog lover, Good Luck with Rupert and the trees!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice!

Sure don't look like the yews are on reserves!

Great use of space!

I'm looking even more forward to a visit!

Wish I didn't have sooooo much work to do myself!

Sorce

Top Bottom