New bench...I like the finished look

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Well, I outgrew my morning sun bench last year with...adding a few to many trees. I had them staggered around...cluttering up the stone stairs to the backyard...and on the stone wall. Hated it. So finally asked my husband to build something. In passing he mentioned a V bench. I told him I needed utilitarian lineal footage of bench space. Fearing it would be just a nice on the eyes but not enough bench space. So with that comment I was banned to the house while he built it.
I've plenty of room for what I have.
image.jpg

As ones mostly know, I have a lot of frog accents in the yard. So...a few scattered on the bench too.* I removed the tubing wire that held in a wayward root today. Pleased so far it's staying in place.
image.jpg

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The bench is really unique! The frog is a nice touch as well. What cultivar is that azalea?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That's now on my list to get one!
I was told it can't go under 30F. I see you are in Maryland. Food for thought. I had assumed it would be as cold Hardy as my prior Satsuki...it was not. Thankfully I have a controlled cold greenhouse so not an issue. Just a heads up on that aspect of wintering goes.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I was told it can't go under 30F. I see you are in Maryland. Food for thought. I had assumed it would be as cold Hardy as my prior Satsuki...it was not. Thankfully I have a controlled cold greenhouse so not an issue. Just a heads up on that aspect of wintering goes.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm thinking more and more that it would make sense to build a small greenhouse to winter certain plants through. Since I want to get deeper into chrysanthemums it makes more sense to build one.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks for the heads up. I'm thinking more and more that it would make sense to build a small greenhouse to winter certain plants through. Since I want to get deeper into chrysanthemums it makes more sense to build one.
I only know of the Nippon Daisy Chrysanthemum that Mr. Valavanis spoke of. As being the better choice. Which are you considering? Because once on established roots Mr. Valavanis said cuttings can be grown in the ground. He's in NY...so, cold winters. I know the satsuki still needs cold dormancy that I have. I keep my greenhouse around 32-35F.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I only know of the Nippon Daisy Chrysanthemum that Mr. Valavanis spoke of. As being the better choice. Which are you considering? Because once on established roots Mr. Valavanis said cuttings can be grown in the ground. He's in NY...so, cold winters. I know the satsuki still needs cold dormancy that I have. I keep my greenhouse around 32-35F.
I started a thread here....

Soon I'll have the nippon daisy as well.

Top Bottom