New bench

Ryan H

Mame
Reaction score
Looks like you did a nice job fitting your needs! For the large stuff on the floor itself Home Depot has some nice heavy duty boot trays that work great for our large tropicals while in the house for Winter, inexpensive too!

Grimmy
Thanks! I'll check that out. I feel like I have spent enough to buy my own Home Depot at this point!

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Managed to finish the drip system and fit a surprising amount on it! Next step is a "drip catcher" since this is over slate tile I am going to mount an aluminum catcher under the bottom shelf (think a paint roller tray but bigger). Hoping it will help with keeping the patio clean and adding a bit of humidity to the arid Phoenix summer climate. The son of an engineer: a project is never finished :D

i think you did a great job - but i really think youre going to end up building something bigger.

my first bench was great - until the next year when i had outgrown it.
CIMG1251.JPG

then i realized just how much better widening the shelf would be - and adding a second set across all three walls......
CIMG3561.JPG

now - that entire area is just a repotting/work zone.

my advice is same as rockm's - build as large as you can. better airflow, room to shift, room to grow (if you are growing out) , better coverage for sunlight and room to add more later.

Ryan H

Mame
Reaction score
i think you did a great job - but i really think youre going to end up building something bigger.

my first bench was great - until the next year when i had outgrown it.
View attachment 142948

then i realized just how much better widening the shelf would be - and adding a second set across all three walls......
View attachment 142950

now - that entire area is just a repotting/work zone.

my advice is same as rockm's - build as large as you can. better airflow, room to shift, room to grow (if you are growing out) , better coverage for sunlight and room to add more later.[/QUOTEi appreciate the suggestion. Would definitely do it differently today. Ill probably look at rebuilding it next spring.

Side note, that bench and trees are gorgeous

Top Bottom