New bench

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice work. It gets plenty of sun there...right? Wilderness, woods and trees, is an excellent environment to live in...and you also have a bonus of good sunlight too.

Make sure the outside edges are secure, no wobble at all, and able to hold the weight on the outside tabletop. A tree, in a pot or box, with substrate, and water...can get fairly heavy.

Well Done!

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
Nice work. It gets plenty of sun there...right? Wilderness, woods and trees, is an excellent environment to live in...and you also have a bonus of good sunlight too.

Make sure the outside edges are secure, no wobble at all, and able to hold the weight on the outside tabletop. A tree, in a pot or box, with substrate, and water...can get fairly heavy.

Well Done!

Thank you. The post is a 6x4 and concreted in. The supports are 2x6 anchored with 4, 3 1/8" screws on each side. I can add more if I feel the need. This is how confident I am in the bench.

IMG_20180421_182026975[1].jpg

daudelus

Mame
Reaction score
She’s a beauty! Did you build it that large with the intent of having multiple trees on it? I am planning on doing the same, just smaller tops in order to make an area in the yard for solo trees to stand out. Good work!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I like your trellis as well. Assuming you have a deck to the side where the photo was taken. For the stand seems turned in the direction to say so...rather than parallel along the house. What's the reason for the objects under your trees? A turntable and a stone I assume one day you want the above do tree in. seems distracting.l,but the construction is well done. Reminds me more of a monkey pole. Which I am contemplating designs in to create one possibly myself.

jeanluc83

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I like it. The larger top allows you to have a tree and an accent in a mini display.

I would have made it either parallel to the house or parallel to the walkway but this may be because it is out of context with the rest of your yard. In person I'm sure it makes cense.

Also get working on that walkway it looks like it might need a bit more support.;)

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
I like it. The larger top allows you to have a tree and an accent in a mini display.

I would have made it either parallel to the house or parallel to the walkway but this may be because it is out of context with the rest of your yard. In person I'm sure it makes cense.

Also get working on that walkway it looks like it might need a bit more support.;)

It was placed this way because "that's what she wanted". It also serves as a greeting to the back walkway and yard. The wife was away this weekend visiting family and now wishes it was parallel to the house. I think it's fine this way though.

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
I like your trellis as well. Assuming you have a deck to the side where the photo was taken. For the stand seems turned in the direction to say so...rather than parallel along the house. What's the reason for the objects under your trees? A turntable and a stone I assume one day you want the above do tree in. seems distracting.l,but the construction is well done. Reminds me more of a monkey pole. Which I am contemplating designs in to create one possibly myself.

Thank you Dar. I put the tree's and the stones on the stand to show my confidence in it's construction. I must admit, I do like it. It has interest from either of direction's you would approach it.

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
She’s a beauty! Did you build it that large with the intent of having multiple trees on it? I am planning on doing the same, just smaller tops in order to make an area in the yard for solo trees to stand out. Good work!

Thank you, I don't often plan out my projects. I start with an idea, buy the materials and see where it takes me. I will probably add more going forward and make them smaller for single display.

BigBen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Very nice work LittleJoe919.
Some lumber, some time and an idea... And we're off to the races... LOL...

Top Bottom