Sir Jonesalot

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How do I delete a double post or mistake? Didn't see my post was on page two and reposted it

Sir Jonesalot

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you M. Frary, I've seen your same comment by others while trying to get noticed the last couple of days. Unfortunately my f.b. page is multi topic so there's not a lot of bonsai enthusiasts to pull in from there. Hope to see you on the new site!

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
It may be a bit because I am up to my eyeballs in new trees but I will post some things on there and report my experiences. I am all for free enterprise and a person making a buck. I am planning on selling from my own site soon as well just to try and eliminate that huge sucking sound that is the Ebay fees. I just discovered that "Home and Garden" is the highest fee scale.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah...uh....those FB folks never acepted me....

SO!

I have one friend in Soldano666 there!

Fuck em!

It's a sign!

Stick around here bro!

I'll do what I can to send folks there....

Link?

Zelda?

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Well... @Sir Jonesalot ... Sorry Aaron. (Curious how I know your given name) I have seen many scammed. Your Mugo Pine posted to your Facebook link you shared. I thought I seen it before. You are also a member of Bonsai Talk. That I can put an actual name. Since May 20, 2015 actually. Not as active as you state...but the Mugo Pine you shared recently was there where I seen it as well on your Facebook link you posted here. The blueberry bonsai as well was a nice one. That you have more than a few friends on FB...goes a long way. Those who try and scam...ususally don't sign up using their real name. And you used it on that Facebook Bonsai group. So that eases my mind a bit. But...I've seen ones scammed using PayPal. So...yeah, there are ways. I won't go into it...because of ones on the internet that are scammers don't need another avenue if they haven't used that one yet.

Sorry if I come across as a stalker...but, on my behalf...you don't introduce yourself here...you just came to sell. So a red flag was drawn. But...I do feel that with you using your given name on a group gives you more standing. If that helps. ;)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Yeah...uh....those FB folks never acepted me....

SO!

I have one friend in Soldano666 there!

Fuck em!

It's a sign!

Stick around here bro!

I'll do what I can to send folks there....

Link?

Zelda?

Sorce
You are on Facebook? I have many friend requests...but, only accept ones who have been in my bonsai circle. I don't really accept aquaintences of ones in the same Facebook groups. They don't need to know what I'm doing in my day to day stuff. And I certainly don't accept a name that is unfamiliar to me.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They probably wouldn't like me either on fakebook.
I would be kicked off for ridiculing someone for posting a picture of their morning eggs. The most restarted thing I think I've ever heard of.
I just watched on 60 minutes the brain science on these social media places.
They study the reward centers of the brain then target them to get people to keep looking.
They are tricking you into thinking you're getting a reward through likes and views. They actually toss in fake likes too.
They got you programmed so if you get an alert on your phone your anxiety starts to go up the longer you don't look at it.
The whole keeping in touch with friends and family thing?
They got my phone number.
As for the bonsai auction thing?
There are enough other outlets or ways to get that stuff.
This is the only social media outlet I frequent regularly.
And lately I've been cutting back on that also.
My mouth and a certain thread put a dear friendship in jeopardy.
It's my fault but there you go.
I'm not really all that social of a person anyway.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My mouth and a certain thread put a dear friendship in jeopardy.
It's my fault but there you go.

It was his mouth and his fault as much as yours.

Anyway, anyone who likes bnut would probably feel right at home on facebook. When the facebook bonsai groups started, they were quite "nice"
with little fighting. Now, it's becoming like the wild west. A couple of clowns were fighting about snakes on the bonsai talk group the other day.
I'll leave the rest to your imagination (though I know that's a dangerous thing).

@Sir Jonesalot , good luck with the site. Please keep us posted. If you can build it up and get a decent amount/variety of material and a track record,
I'll consider using it. Right now I'm not in a tree buying mode.

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
@Cadillactaste

I think you’ve more than made you're point....
Don't know what scams you are talking about but PayPal is also heavily biased towards the buyers side. As long as you use common sense you should not be scammed. If you pay via "gift" that is your fault for forfeiting buyer protection.

Hope the auction site works out @Sir Jonesalot . Looks interesting and I'd consider using it.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@Cadillactaste

I think you’ve more than made you're point....
Don't know what scams you are talking about but PayPal is also heavily biased towards the buyers side. As long as you use common sense you should not be scammed. If you pay via "gift" that is your fault for forfeiting buyer protection.

Hope the auction site works out @Sir Jonesalot . Looks interesting and I'd consider using it.

Where are you coming from !?! My point was changed later on in this thread...did you not see that?

I stated at my last post by learning more of said poster...I was more comfortable with this poster. So yeah,your post makes no sense to me.

Sorry...there are other ways to scam...delays to ship. Once 30 days has past you no longer can file a complaint with PayPal. Nothing to do with friends/family payment. So...yeah...you "assumed" it was payment. My bad for not being clearer I guess. But...trust me. We have a heart...especially when a down in the luck medical condition comes into play. Who doesn't have a heart!?! Until months go on and one has no tree...not the greenbacks sent for said tree. It has happened. Not a hypothetical situation.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You know, for years I have told people that when they do something bad in bonsai, "don't worry about it, there's no bonsai police".

All those people I said that to, I apologize. There is, bonsai police!

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
fyi,
have you looked at your auction site with an android phone? i took a look and it is very difficult to see the pictures on the mobile site,can only see half., changing to desktopversion lets you see the full pictures.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I went to your auction site...to check it out. Because right now...I have a bonsai kitty...and a fetish for pots. Along with...your using your real name as I stated previously. I thought...maybe I will see something to buy. And let ones know I of all people who was distrusting made a purchase. That said...

What I discovered...
1.)I have no idea who the seller is.
2.) You had one pot in the pot category. (No biggie you are just starting out and promoting.)
3.) In your $20 category I thought...pots!?! And checked...one came up. Not the one listed in the pot section. But another...so one wanting to see pots...aren't seeing them all when they click that section. Neither were what I was looking for. I also didn't like I didn't know who the seller was which I mentioned above already. Like...oh, I've bought from this one before. or if the one was even new. No real direction as to who the individual is.

But...I did try and give it a go. To many variables...will maybe check later on to see if you worked a way around them.

Good luck to you...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Why would that matter?
If you like something and it's the right price who cares?

Because of this individual in the link I am attaching...the amount of bonsai folk he scammed is unreal. People who are big into bonsai and well known in the bonsai circles. If he can scam those...sold trees that he didn't have. Who is to say the next person doesn't. Paid through PayPal...NOT using friends and family. Excuses...and time lapse...many were taken...we aren't talking a few hundred dollars either. It was a HUGE scam that hit the bonsai community. So...yeah, nope...nothing is worth the right price. I refuse to allow myself to be taken. Who is to say one like him...doesn't list on an auction site!?! I try to only buy from one I can see feedback for. Or...one I know through the bonsai circles...if I buy on FB auctions. That's just me...but, it's this man...who has me leery. If I don't know the seller. I contact a few friends and research the seller before placing a bid. That's just me...I do not wish to be ignorant of scammers. Not all are...but, I'm not one to give one a break I don't know. Even on FB auctions...if they are new...I don't bid. That is me...and if another wishes to. That's fine...I don't begrudge them. But...that thread I attached. Is why I am the way I am.

https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/b...eying-on-bonsai-folk.18330/page-2#post-248070

Sir Jonesalot

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for the feedback! It's up,
I went to your auction site...to check it out. Because right now...I have a bonsai kitty...and a fetish for pots. Along with...your using your real name as I stated previously. I thought...maybe I will see something to buy. And let ones know I of all people who was distrusting made a purchase. That said...

What I discovered...
1.)I have no idea who the seller is.
2.) You had one pot in the pot category. (No biggie you are just starting out and promoting.)
3.) In your $20 category I thought...pots!?! And checked...one came up. Not the one listed in the pot section. But another...so one wanting to see pots...aren't seeing them all when they click that section. Neither were what I was looking for. I also didn't like I didn't know who the seller was which I mentioned above already. Like...oh, I've bought from this one before. or if the one was even new. No real direction as to who the individual is.

But...I did try and give it a go. To many variables...will maybe check later on to see if you worked a way around them.

Good luck to you...

Thank you for the feedback.

1. It shows the seller at the bottom of the listing with an eventual rating same as eBay.

2. The idea is lots of people listing lots of items.

3. The home page shows all auctions. You can list anything under 20 bucks in that category or in the other appropriate category. If you have two of the same, you can do both.

The only information they can get from you here is your user name and your item pictures. The buyer or seller has to use the contact form to request PayPal’s safe, protected, guaranteed payment. I and millions of others have been using PayPal all over the internet for years on unknown websites. The only case I ever had to make a claim and get a refund was on eBay. There are many folks who can’t recognize a scam or don’t know how to check to see if something is a scam but there just isn’t any more risk involved here than on eBay or f.b. Auctions. Folks like that should just stick with the brick and mortar store I guess but they will be very limited in their selections. No one's forcing them to use my site.

Top Bottom