New bonsai garden and benches

R3x

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8?
After 2 or 3 years having a temporary space for my trees I have decided to invest some into making more proper a garden with benches. So I had some soil removed from top, put some textile on top of it and had 8tons / 6.5m3 of macadam to create the surface. I ordered some large concrete 50 x 40 x 25 cm block used as a base for benches. There were totally 60 of these weighting 1,8tons so lots of hauling there - my arms are strong now. For the benches themselves I ordered 30 planks of Siberian larch of size 14,5x4,5x400cm. Initially I wanted to oil them with decking oil but just a day or so before I started completing it I found this fantastic video:
So I borrowed a propane-butane torch and had them torched in 4 or 5 hours. Scrubbed a little bit and then used decking oil. The result looks fantastic in my opinion.
WhatsApp Image 2018-05-29 at 19.18.03.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-29 at 19.18.46.jpeg

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice benches! I like your blow torch method. Looks like solid construction as well. I may have to try that.

Top Bottom