New Bonsai Garden Display Progression Thread

Lars Grimm

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
An early Summer photograph. I have 30% shade cloth over the pergola. I've also planted a bunch of ferns along the walkway. I drove an old railroad spike into one of the posts and hung some metal art which will continue to rust. The large wind bell also has a nice rusty patina. Finally, I built a small grow bed and made a more durable setup for my irrigation.
IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5362.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
An early Summer photograph. I have 30% shade cloth over the pergola. I've also planted a bunch of ferns along the walkway. I drove an old railroad spike into one of the posts and hung some metal art which will continue to rust. The large wind bell also has a nice rusty patina. Finally, I built a small grow bed and made a more durable setup for my irrigation.
View attachment 310279

View attachment 310280

View attachment 310281

View attachment 310282
Really nice job.

Lars Grimm

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Vacation during a pandemic means plenty of time to do work around the house. I built a couple 4x8 raised beds to teach my young kids how to garden. I also set up my winter protection area. This area is protected on 3 sides from the wind and gets shade most of the day. In NC we get a lot of big temperature swings, so my goal was to mulch my tress in and limit temperature fluctuations. I can still get ready access to all of them and they will be up off the dirt but still within the mulch so I don't need to worry about too much moisture.

IMG_5699.jpg62628636809__D1AD1E08-F47E-4869-A971-EC13B40F109D.jpg

Lars Grimm

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Quick Spring 2021 update. I just moved all the trees out of winter storage for some sunshine. Repotting started last week. I'll move a few things to my grow bed this year and take a few things out. As the sun moves higher into the sky, the left side of the display area gets full sun all day long. In the bottom right you can see my veggie garden doing great as well! I've already harvested kale, lettuce, and arugula. You can see the peas in the very front and some garlic popping up as well.

Garden March 2021.jpg

Top Bottom