New bonsai shed

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So I've been self isolating since last Thursday, and have been wanting to build a shed for all my bonsai crap, so I threw this together.
20200331_161007.jpg
Still need to finish the roof, add a stoop and some sort of door lock. Probably paint the window to match the roof? Maybe match the black trim?
CW

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So I've been self isolating since last Thursday, and have been wanting to build a shed for all my bonsai crap, so I threw this together.
View attachment 292767
Still need to finish the roof, add a stoop and some sort of door lock. Probably paint the window to match the roof? Maybe match the black trim?
CW
Wire on the wall, small turntable, containers for seived material, shelves for extra pots. Lots of opportunity here! Well done, enjoy.

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
So you "threw this together in a few days? Bet all the material was just sitting there collecting dust.
Ignore me, I'm green with envy.
Shoot... All the stuff some of us got laying around, it would surprise you. Especially working in construction as my family does. We've got 10 doors, and 15 big old windows just sitting in the garage 😂😂😂 Cant forget about all the tile and brick 😂

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Looks awesome, good job! I bet your happy asf having a whole new space

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bet all the material was just sitting there collecting dust.
Not all of it, but the door glass, reed, and bamboo. Collected the rest on my way out at Lowe's. Its business as usual there, so I bugged out. Shame for those that can't afford to.

Looks pretty sweet, lets see the inside!
No chance, its a disaster for the time being. Stay tuned.

Thanks to everyone else. Looking forward to getting organized. Got a ways to go, but if I can't do it now, it will have to wait til I retire.
CW

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Both of you great job. Those will be great new homes for your trees and supplies.

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Looks like it is finished now.
20200414_161429.jpg
Here's some inside pics.
20200414_154528.jpg
A work table.
I have a crushed stone floor.
Pluses: no floor to build, no floor to sweep
Negatives: floor gets damp when it rains.
20200414_120210.jpg
A nice little window that get morning sun.
20200414_120219.jpg
It was really dark in there so I cut a piece of lexan to make a couple windows to let some light in. (I know, they don't match the roof pitch. Forgive me)

I'm pretty happy with the project, and that it didn't blow away in some recent big winds.

Got some breathing and walking space in my garage now.
CW

arjun

Yamadori
Reaction score
Wow this is amazing! And I am here thinking if I need to hire someone to put up my shade cloth for the summer...lolz

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
And I am here thinking if I need to hire someone to put up my shade cloth for the summer.
I've always been a DIY'er. I believe that you should always try something yourself. You may be surprised at what you can do, and you learn with each project and get better with each project.
If it turns out you're all thumbs it won't cost more to have someone do the job just because you tried to do it yourself first. (ok, some things may be an exception to that)
And thanks for the compliment!
CW

Top Bottom