New Book - Satsuki Azalea Bonsai by Rick Garcia

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just did a shipping estimate on their site for shipping to Raleigh N.C. There are two options, regular and express. The regular USPS (media mail) was $9.50. The express was $25...You all checking the right boxes on the order form?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I just did a shipping estimate on their site for shipping to Raleigh N.C. There are two options, regular and express. The regular USPS (media mail) was $9.50. The express was $25...You all checking the right boxes on the order form?
Hmm didn't see a choice and I did look/click on the shipping method to see

ochong

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Just ordered a copy and selected $8.50 media mail to MA.

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
SHIPPING
  • First Class Mail® International (USPS): $59.35
  • Worldwide Expedited Standard (UPS): $187.84

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hmm didn't see a choice and I did look/click on the shipping method to see
This is the screen from the cart section:

SHIPPING
  • Media Mail (USPS): $8.50
  • Ground (UPS): $23.57
Shipping to Raleigh, NC 27606.
Change address

Did an estimate to Long Island City--$8.50 USPS

SUBTOTAL$45.95
SHIPPING
Shipping to long island city, NY 11101.
Change address
TAX$0.00
TOTAL$54.45

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone

SHIPPING
Change address

SUBTOTAL$45.95
SHIPPING
Change address
TAX$0.00
TOTAL$54.45
This sounds like a website/ordering issue that can be addressed by the seller. Might be worth an email asking them or Rick about it.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

SHIPPING
Change address

SUBTOTAL$45.95
SHIPPING
Change address
TAX$0.00
TOTAL$54.45
Yea IDK. Missed it somehow but I was pretty tired last night so probably just didn't see it

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Rick replied today that when he checked this morning both the USPS media mail and UPS shipping options were showing.

The shipping options appear on the bottom of the address information page. Please double check for these when ordering.

I have absolutely no explanation why the UPS event happened, to others and myself…. other then

…. a tremor in the Force!

cheers
DSD sends

leus

Yamadori
Reaction score
To me shipping is 61.35. Wowza.
SUBTOTAL$55.95
SHIPPING
  • First Class Mail® International (USPS): $61.35
  • Worldwide Expedited Standard (UPS): $238.64

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

Since I tried yesterday, there is now a second shipping option for Media Mail. Yay!

However I have tried twice to place an order, and after entering all of my info and my credit card number, when I hit the order button I get a "could not retrieve order" error.

order.jpg

I am as aware as anyone of the foibles of technology, so I'll wait and maybe tomorrow get better results :)

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
SUBTOTAL$55.95
SHIPPING
Yup. That's about right if you check around

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Since I tried yesterday, there is now a second shipping option for Media Mail. Yay!

However I have tried twice to place an order, and after entering all of my info and my credit card number, when I hit the order button I get a "could not retrieve order" error.

View attachment 453918

I am as aware as anyone of the foibles of technology, so I'll wait and maybe tomorrow get better results :)
Obviously some kind of glitch in the system. I didn't have any issues back in July when I ordered. I think if you keep at it, it will go through eventually. A pain in the ass...

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My shipping was $8.50 to central Ohio. I was kind of surprised how low it was considering the price of shipping things now. Looking forward to really getting into it in a couple of weeks when we head to Asheville for a little vaca.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
SUBTOTAL$55.95
SHIPPING
I was going to offer to fly down and hand you a copy, but the cheapest airfare I could find was $850 :) Of course, that's round-trip :)

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

View attachment 453918

AzaleabookOrder.jpg

Umm, it appears that all one needs to do is to update their address BEFORE going to checkout. And, if you provide a U.S. zip code, $8.50 for media mail is an option.

Last edited:

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
They re-added the USPS Media mail option for $8.50

Lol, I guess I'm late to the party.....I just saw all the discussion about the shipping update

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

View attachment 453918

View attachment 453953

Umm, it appears that all one needs to do is to update their address BEFORE going to checkout. And, if you provide a U.S. zip code, $8.50 for media mail is an option.

Yea I didn't see an option to choose shipping method like above. I certainly would have picked the cheaper option if I given the choice.

Whatever, too late now.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi Everyone

Emailed with Rick about all the issues again. He checked again and it looks the folks running the e-commerce platform applied an update after sales started that mucked things up.

“I received another report of a failed transaction. As a result, I have paused purchases until the issue can be resolved. We cannot have people experience this inconsistency while attempting to make a purchase.”

Rick is driving across country at the moment and hopes to switch to another platform o/a Tuesday

Cheers
DSD sends

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Emailed with Rick about all the issues again. He cOncehecked again and it looks the folks running the e-commerce platform applied an update after sales started that mucked things up.

“I received another report of a failed transaction. As a result, I have paused purchases until the issue can be resolved. We cannot have people experience this inconsistency while attempting to make a purchase.”

Rick is driving across country at the moment and hopes to switch to another platform o/a Tuesday

Cheers
DSD sends
Great, thanks. Once it get's resolved, I'll be ordering mine!

Top Bottom