New Club Website

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
A little while ago, I took on the task of revamping my clubs website. After much blood, sweat, and tears it is finally done!!! Enjoy our hard work, and even stop by if you are from the area. We will be at Deep Cut Gardens on the 9th of Sept, and at The King of Kings Lutheran Church on the 20. Check the Meetings and Events page for more details.

https://deepcutbonsaiclub.org

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You still have my vote for coolest club name. Plus I still want that on a T-shirt!

Site looked good on a mobile device and easy to navigate. Nice job! I also like the B-Nut plug on the links!

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You still have my vote for coolest club name. Plus I still want that on a T-shirt!

Site looked good on a mobile device and easy to navigate. Nice job! I also like the B-Nut plug on the links!

Thanks man! Every year we get our clothes personalized. It wood be cool to do a badass tee shirt design...

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice work on the website! Does the "Deep Cut..." name have to do with a regional or geographic feature of your area? If not, what's the history of the club name?

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice work on the website! Does the "Deep Cut..." name have to do with a regional or geographic feature of your area? If not, what's the history of the club name?

The club was named after the Deep Cut Gardens in Middletown NJ. The creek that runs through the park cuts a topographical gouge through the gardens, hence the name "Deep Cut." The history of the park is here:

https://www.monmouthcountyparks.com/page.aspx?ID=2560

The name "Deep Cut" has an even more layered meaning because it was owned by the Italian American mobster Vito Genovese from 1935-1937.

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Very interesting back story. Got to love the "unexplained fire" of a gangster's house on the site, soon after he left the country.

It's truly amazing how many thousands of beautiful and amazing parks exist today because a wealthy person built a big house and gardens, and when they died, willed the properties over to the state or local government so others could enjoy it.

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It's truly amazing how many thousands of beautiful and amazing parks exist today because a wealthy person built a big house and gardens, and when they died, willed the properties over to the state or local government so others could enjoy it.

There is also the only Bonsai display in NJ housed at the park. This collection of about 20 trees was donated by a club member who passed and willed it to the gardens. We maintain the trees at the garden as much as we can, and I will be working on some trees Sunday along with some other members to maintain the collection.

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Just a heads up that bonsai day is cancelled tomorrow due to poor weather.

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
BUMP!

I’d like to expand my beer can “koozie” collection with some bonsai themed ones and my first thought was one from Deep Cut Bonsai Club! It looks like you can print them for ~$2.50 each, min. order 100. I’ll preorder several just to get them printed!

Also, @Bonsai Nut what about BonsaiNut.com koozies!

Top Bottom