New elm in bad shape

Txhorticulture

Chumono
Reaction score
20150812_162249.jpg Hey just moments ago usps dropped a box at my door. Some elms I ordered showed up. Was a little concerned about the larger one ulmus x. Jacqueline hillier. Besides the several broken branches it was clearly recently devoured by bugs. The two little seiju look cute. What to do with the larger elm? I cut off the numerous broken branches. 20150812_162220.jpg 20150812_162220.jpg 20150812_162308.jpg

qwade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Ulmus × hollandica 'Jacqueline Hillier' Very nice cultivar. Not seen here īn Nj. I've seen one as a landscape plant. Very nice dwarf. Probably No worries on the bug eaten leaves. You can cut back now or just wait. Not sure, Are these deciduous in your texas climate?

Txhorticulture

Chumono
Reaction score
I'm sure it's deciduous here , pretty sure anyway. Mine is a very hot but not a troptical climate. Sub tropical or maybe you can call it warm temperate. The native cedar elm loses its leaves. I'm think it will bounce back fine.

Is your profile pic Leonard Cohen or do you just resemble Leonard Cohen

qwade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Is your profile pic Leonard Cohen or do you just resemble Leonard Cohen

Close
First one to ever ask! I did resemble this avatar. Older and fatter now. Different musician . guess again.

Txhorticulture

Chumono
Reaction score
I give up... seeing as how you're in jersey I was thinking springstein but that doesn't look like him.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's an elm. Make sure to water and fertilize and give it plenty of sun and it should bounce back with a fury.

qwade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I give up... seeing as how you're in jersey I was thinking springstein but that doesn't look like him.

The boss did have a hit covering this singer/songwriters song. Been around since the sixties. I'm sure BVF knows this guy.

Top Bottom