New items listed on the Bonsaibasho site

Bonsai Basho

Yamadori
Reaction score
There are some new goods comming up for sale and auction this year now on BB. For you guys in the US there are a few nice pots which can be shipped. The best is a Derek Aspinal Landscape oval which is admittedly not going to go cheap but its superb, perfect and huge.

There's also an ichiban for sale ( please no jokes, we know what the W words means over this side of the pond :) )

Derek Aspinal Large Oval

Tokoname Rectangle

Ichiban by Marco Invernizzi

Please feel free to use our site to sell any of your pots, trees or other items.

BB

Bob

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Phil. What are the dimensions of the Tokoname rectangle?

Thanks,
Bob

Bonsai Basho

Yamadori
Reaction score
Tokoname Pots

Hi Bob there are two

28cm x 21cm x 10cm

31cm x 23 cm x 10cm

Sorry about the European Measurements,

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Phil,

Many months ago we had an agreement that I would send you a promo copy of my book, and in exchange you would feel free to post an honest review - either positive or negative - on your site.

The review never materialized, despite your repeated assurances that it was essentially completed, and in fact when I last looked into it you were simply waiting until the next day to get some input from an artist over there. That was many months ago.

There is a little promo blurb that I wrote - and a cover photo - hidden away on the site, but no review from you that I can find.

I did not go to the cost and trouble to send you a free book so that you could simply keep it without writing a review, but it is how it seems to have turned out. No further correspondence came to me after my last communication with you.

Were I in your shoes it would seem the honorable thing to do to return the book, or pay the retail price and shipping like any other person who gets a copy, and I would appreciate it if you did.

Will Hiltz

Bonsai Basho

Yamadori
Reaction score
Dear Will

You are absolutely correct I havn't published it yet. Regrettably at the end last year my work and ill health brought me to a standstill. I apologise that I should have let you know the situation.

I have the review and the video I shot with Kevin Willson in which he acknowleges Dan. I have just re-opened my site after three months of down time. If you looked on the forum or the site you would see that I have not been around. I will release the review and I will return your book - I don't steal Will . Nasty shallow crappy comment - beneath you.........

Were I in your shoes it would seem the honorable thing to do to return the book, or pay the retail price and shipping like any other person who gets a copy, and I would appreciate it if you did.

Dammit Will you just have to put some pepper on it, don't you. As you guys over the pond say ' you whooped my ass' over your book when I reviewed someone elses and not yours, now I'm the phantom book napper of old London town. I absolutley should have told you I was out of commission - again I am sorry but you don't say things like that and not get put in your place - author or not.

For the avoidance of any doubt Will, I will publish the review of your book not becasue of you, but because I think Dan's work is inspirational and what you have done is a good thing. I'm not going to post it back on the forum, I'll let you do that - are you feeling brave Will? What will I write now you have unmasked me as a man who put years of work into a site just so one day in the future I could obtain your magnificant book under false pretences. It's a book Will not the Holy Grail - get over youself. Sell your book to reviewers - see how many buy it.

For the record the review will be fair and honest and I hope some people who don't know Dan's work will read it , buy the book and be inspired. But Will - don't write any more books it makes you too cranky.

Phil

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Phil,

Do not consider me put in my place nor getting over myself.

You received the book at the beginning of last June, and my last message to you, unanswered, was not long after that.

Your site has been up and running the whole time, with newly published articles, videos and comments almost every month.

You come on here to hawk you wares as your first act after a hiatus, neglecting the common courtesy to update me all this time or to fulfill your statement that the review was written and would be published immanently.

I am not cranky, and almost half of the first printing has sold in a little over a year, close to recouping my initial investment - not bad for a niche publication in a horrible economy.

We have little say to one another from here on out.

Will

raydomz

Shohin
Reaction score
soo...about the new items posted.

This is probably a conversation best had through email/pm.

Bonsai Basho

Yamadori
Reaction score
I apologise to the BNut Community if the discourse with Will has offended. It is not and never will be my intention to cause offence. I like BNut its not stuffy and you can speak your mind. The Old goats are allowed to lock horns and I appreciate that. Thanks to all.

Hi rRydomz I would be delighted to get back to the topic. PM is fine but we could of course use this section for its intended purpose. :)

Phil

johng

Omono
Reaction score
I am sure you would like to get back to the topic

I apologise to the BNut Community if the discourse with Will has offended.
Offended...not at all...quite the contrary glad to see a lowlife exposed.

I like BNut its not stuffy and you can speak your mind. The Old goats are allowed to lock horns and I appreciate that. Thanks to all.
Glad you feel that way because it sure reads to this old goat that you are totally at fault here and Will had every right to call you out publicly. I personally think Will was extremely polite to you in his above message...and that your response was completely out of line and beneath common decency...suggesting he called you a thief when all he did was give you an honorable way out.

If this is the way you treat people in your business, especially people with the integrity that Mr. Hiltz has always shown to others, I can assure you that I for one will not be doing any business with you or your website.

Thanks Will for giving us a heads up on this low life... I am glad to hear that your efforts to share Dan with the bonsai community are working out...I know I have certainly enjoyed reading your book.

John

Last edited:

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Was there a contract?

Seems to me it would have prevented irrational claims.

Some sort of off-the-shelf contract pertinent to the endorsement of promotional materials.

Last edited:

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
All good except for one thing....

Capture.jpg

the above circled text is NOT true.... the only way to get signed copies is from ordering at Elandan Gardens directly ....

Bonsai Basho

Yamadori
Reaction score
This was the information given in 2010 the review places the amazon link in. I will apply a not to the old artice. Thanks

Top Bottom