New Juniper Materials

John Ruger

Shohin
Reaction score
View attachment 19258View attachment 19259View attachment 19260View attachment 19261View attachment 19262

Here's some pics of material I purchased from Chris Kirk at Telfarms. I'm sure you guys and gals who've purchsed from him can attest to the quality of his material as well as his helpfulness. I'd like to add to his list of happy customers, he's one of the best.

These are two junipers that arrived a couple of weeks ago. The first 3 pics are of a kishu and the last 2 of a shimpaku. I wanted materials for some long-term projects and these will keep me out of trouble for a while...until I see more to buy and then I have to convince the banker (wife) that more material will add to the quality of both our lives.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Excellent buys .... Telperion Farms is one of my favorite places to buy material.... Chris and Lisa are both some of my favorite people. We just purchased a couple of trees from them as well..... I bought an Itiogawa and Vic picked up a wonderful shohin zelcova....

If you live in the PNW you owe it yourself to stop by their farm....

John Ruger

Shohin
Reaction score
Wish I could, but I live in PA...I should move.

John Ruger

Shohin
Reaction score
View attachment 19583

spent a little time this AM to take the shimpaku out of the container it came in and set it in a plastic basin. I anchored plastic mesh over the top and this way I can tilt it and nothing shifts and soil doesn't fall out.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Those should be fun to play with. Have only good things posted re. Telperion Farms, this just ices the cake. Nice find John.

John Ruger

Shohin
Reaction score
View attachment 19766View attachment 19767

Here are a couple of pics from today. The first shows the "front" in its entirety and the second a closer shot from about the same angle. What adds a lot of interest is the way in which a few of the branches twist/tangle with each other and some double-back on themselves. It all leaves some really nice options and challenges.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So very kewl..... great tree..... looking forward to seeing it more as you work on it...

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
View attachment 19766View attachment 19767

Here are a couple of pics from today. The first shows the "front" in its entirety and the second a closer shot from about the same angle. What adds a lot of interest is the way in which a few of the branches twist/tangle with each other and some double-back on themselves. It all leaves some really nice options and challenges.
I really like that second shot, any plans for deadwood work?

John Ruger

Shohin
Reaction score
I really like that second shot, any plans for deadwood work?

Yep, but that'll take a bit of time since I like to do that stuff in stages. I've sketched out some preliminary ideas and I have a pretty solid idea of where to go. For now, I'm going to leave it be and wait.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
The second one is particularly good, and it's just screaming for some nice twisting shari!!! Looking forward to seeing it come along.

John Ruger

Shohin
Reaction score
View attachment 20004

I went through a few sketches and this is the overall direction that I like best. Mind you, it's a rough sketch, so it'll vary depending on how it progresses.

Top Bottom