New Junipers, very grateful!

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
These Junipers (Shimpaku's and a California) we picked up from an older man who was having trouble practicing bonsai anymore and was selling his personal collection of bonsai pots and trees. We are grateful because this gentleman sold us these incredible older trees and we happen to be the first ones there :D! All of them have not been touched in awhile, so they look like bushes, but look a these trunks we got to work with! Some of these trees will need grafting to bring down the foliage, so this should be a fun project.
IMG_1226.jpgIMG_1223.jpgIMG_1222.jpgIMG_1221.jpgIMG_1220.jpgIMG_1219.jpgIMG_1218.jpgIMG_1216.jpg

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very cool. Will be some fun projects redeveloping them

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Thanks everyone! Will post progression of the projects once we get started, pretty stoked, never had juniper material like this before.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good to be first one there🤣. Nice trees. Grafting? Please don't hide trunks😉.

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Okay, I have decided that I am going to add this one to our small but growing collection. The rest we will probably sell down the road at a show. Now I need to work on the pads, pad selection and drawing the foliage closer to the trunk. Lucky for me, I see some inner foliage growing already, need to stimulate that. Got my work cut out for me, but that is where all the fun is ;).IMG_1411.jpgIMG_1410.jpg

Top Bottom