New LARGE Ponderosa Literati Group

Francesco84

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
From that angle, how about pulling the top right limb down and away from the trunk but all twisty? But still in a hanging mode.
Thats what Ill probably end up doing I think, but was also entertaining using that branch as the new apex b/c. See my pic.

Attachments

• ponderosa.png
    ponderosa.png
    830.6 KB · Views: 100

Francesco84

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
UPDATE - Its hard to see the depth in this picture between the trunks, but I like the overall first style. I tried to space the trunks out as much as possible and tried to make te third trunk be as visible as possible as it was tucked behind trunk #2. Taking pics of bonsai is harder than it thought...what you see and how you personally see it in your mind don't always translate to the actual picture. The almighty Todd Schlafer gave me some direction for this composition and I am looking forward to this 5 tree grouping evolution (its not a clump). Apexes need some work and I hope they fill out in in the next 3-5 seasons, but will probably need some directional adjustment.

Anything you guys would do differently?

Attachments

• IMG_2615.jpg
    IMG_2615.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 90

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I like your trees, but what you have looks to planned...something needs to be different with the group IMO. Everybody is going the same direction to the same party, or something. Hell no I'm not an expert!

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Coming along very nicely. I love this piece. Nicely done.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I like your trees, but what you have looks to planned...something needs to be different with the group IMO. Everybody is going the same direction to the same party, or something. Hell no I'm not an expert!
Agree. Looks like a windy day on Sparse Tree Mountain.

Francesco84

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Thanks Peter. I agree, something needs to change. Looks too manufactured in a sense now that you say that.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I really like the apex now. This Todd Schlafer design is a big improvement. @Peter44 has a good point. But so many things have been improved since the first image, I would hesitate to deviate from Todd's design. I believe when you actually get it repotted to the new angle, the trees will shift, and or otherwise not cooperate just enough to eliminate the artificial "feel" that Peter noticed. It will take a few years, maybe a decade, but additional back budding will make this group or forest look much more dense. Go with the Todd S design. This is a good look.

Top Bottom