New Matched Content Section

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Going to try something new with the site. At the end of each thread will be a section with links to related content on the site. For example, if you have a thread about JBP decandling, you should see links to related content. I will let it run for a few days to see how it does, and then would like to get peoples' impressions.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Going to try something new with the site. At the end of each thread will be a section with links to related content on the site. For example, if you have a thread about JBP decandling, you should see links to related content. I will let it run for a few days to see how it does, and then would like to get peoples' impressions.

(Is this to be added only to posts since you made this change or will it be in old opsts as well? I don’t see it working as yet).

Never mind, looks like it just kicked in.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Just noticed......probably a bit superfluous. And makes for a cluttered, claustrophobic feel.:)

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Personally I find it potentially very useful. I often search for related posts after reading a thread so having it at the bottom of the thread saves me a step. Just because its there doesn’t mean you have to look at it.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I am hoping that it does a better job relating content... because right now it seems somewhat random. Also the images are too large, and the text is really ugly. It doesn't fit with the look and feel of the site.

/EDIT I have turned it off for now - because I can't get it to do what I want. I make what I consider to be reasonable changes to the code, and it breaks the module. I will have to explore further outside of the site.

Last edited:

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Maybe just a list??? Or at least have it under the answer box?

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great idea hope you get the bugs worked out!

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot

@Bonsai Nut Super cool boss! BTW check your PMs...

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought you were setting up a dating site. ?

With the Smoke and his pink thong leaving I thought the demographics would no longer be very even. ?

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I put my name in the thread title, or I try to. All the links at the bottom of the page all link the viewer to my other threads with my name in the title.
Everyone will be able to see ALL my mediocre work!! Huzza!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
10-15 folks post regularly that have top info to share, the rest of us are more like, "Open at your own risk";):D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Probably, however, an easier route towards information for a newer member of the community.

Channeling some negative vibes, sorry......been a long week. Must be "hangry"!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Although the search feature was easy enough, this is a great addition.

Bonsai901

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I really like it.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Super awesome. I’m trying out a new species of tree, and found all the info and design ideas I need with minimal effort. Don’t even open a thousand tabs, just keep going deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole :p

Top Bottom