Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks set to me.....

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The weight of all that foliage is going to try and pull all the turns out of your trunk. Within a few months it will start to straighten out. It will be a challenge to keep this that way. The big wire that was on there was holding the tree. Now the tree has to support itself.

Of all the elms I did, I love this one the most...but I have wire wrapped around a couple of those stilt exposed roots holding the tree up. The weight of the long neck and foliage out there tries to topple the tree out of the pot. You can see the wire around some roots. Notice the angle the wire is applied, 45 degrees gives good holding power and maximum tension.

067.JPG

amcoffeegirl

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The weight of all that foliage is going to try and pull all the turns out of your trunk. Within a few months it will start to straighten out. It will be a challenge to keep this that way. The big wire that was on there was holding the tree. Now the tree has to support itself.

Of all the elms I did, I love this one the most...but I have wire wrapped around a couple of those stilt exposed roots holding the tree up. The weight of the long neck and foliage out there tries to topple the tree out of the pot. You can see the wire around some roots. Notice the angle the wire is applied, 45 degrees gives good holding power and maximum tension.

View attachment 224463
Your elm is beautiful.
I don’t want the ficus to lose all its curves.
The trunk is thicker than when I got it though so hopefully it will hold well enough.
Once I get it outside for a season hopefully it will look pretty good.