New shohin satsuki azalea stock

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is a new piece of stock that I purchased from Darren Wong at Soh-Ju-En. The variety is Hime Hakurai, small leaves and flowers, good for shohin. Also this variety was developed in northern Japan and is very cold hardy, which is good for me in Minnesota. It's a triple trunk, and it really intrigued me as I am really starting to get interested in multiple trunk bonsai. The tree is about 10 inches tall with an 8 inch base. The flowers are just plain old white, but I bought this tree for the trunks, not the flowers. I encourage everyone to check out Soh-Ju-En's website. Really nice imported trees, high quality and affordable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 57

Bonsai_Bubba

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Gorgeous Dave! Very nice little azalea! I've been looking at Soh Ju En's website for a while and saving up some money. Nice choice! White is a beautiful color for flowers. :]

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks. I am sure it will be just beautiful when it fully blooms. I am finding myself to be really drawn to satsuki. It seems like an addiction, but hey, as far as addictions go, bonsai is pretty benign.

Ryan820

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Wow that's gorgeous. What will you do with it? So want to try azalea but all I've seen is nursery stock. What makes an azalea satsuki?

garywood

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice find Dave! Great material for small tree and a great guy to buy from!

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Satsuki are varieties developed in Japan for bonsai and ornamental use. Small flowers and leaves, there are several thousand different varieties. The ones grown for bonsai imported from Japan show how well they have been cultivated. They generally have really nice nebari, taper and movement.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Odd I have never seen anything priced that low there, time to take a peek ;)

Grimmy

Top Bottom