jcrossett

Chumono
Reaction score
Honey locust. Thornless.
Yes I figured this out out. These things are every freaking where in my year and there are at least 20 growing under my bench.

Are they any good to work with. This is one I'm trying to find out now. IMG_20160815_173059254.jpg IMG_20160815_173055627.jpg

Don't get fuled buy the ivy wrapped around it. Theres also this oak that is a seeding from a bigger one.

Are these oaks usable. IMG_20160813_092207123.jpg

And last one found this at my local nursery. Trunk looked cool and it says fruiting. IMG_20160813_165531102.jpg IMG_20160813_165511960.jpg

Thanks

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yes I figured this out out. These things are every freaking where in my year and there are at least 20 growing under my bench.

Are they any good to work with. This is one I'm trying to find out now. View attachment 114414 View attachment 114415

Don't get fuled buy the ivy wrapped around it. Theres also this oak that is a seeding from a bigger one.

Are these oaks usable. View attachment 114416

And last one found this at my local nursery. Trunk looked cool and it says fruiting. View attachment 114417 View attachment 114418

Thanks
I have a purple robe locust I've been playing with for a year, I also have a native new Mexico locust in the ground to thicken up, it's close to 2 inches now.

Aaron

jcrossett

Chumono
Reaction score
I have a purple robe locust I've been playing with for a year, I also have a native new Mexico locust in the ground to thicken up, it's close to 2 inches now.

Aaron

Well then ima give it a go. There's also black locust around here heavily but those have major die back issues.

And thorns lol.

Any I'd on the others?

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Well then ima give it a go. There's also black locust around here heavily but those have major die back issues.

And thorns lol.

Any I'd on the others?
The second pic is a mulberry which I also like to use. The oak looks to have small leaves so it should be usable, and the fruiting tree you got there is a cherry!

Aaron

jcrossett

Chumono
Reaction score
The second pic is a mulberry which I also like to use. The oak looks to have small leaves so it should be usable, and the fruiting tree you got there is a cherry!

Aaron

The first and second are the same.

Cherry good ?

I know they are good eats :)

jcrossett

Chumono
Reaction score
Okay well I learned a big lesson.

If you have a garden, with what I think to be a run off area. Aka a bunch of rocks for water guide water out of the yard.

Well so someone (past owner) ether planted or let tree's get over grown.

The trees cluster of 3 were intertwined and grown over and into 3 rock. Made it hell to remove.

Okay so here it is.

If you have a grow out and don't want a ror clear the garden.

If you want easy access to dig the trees up years later. Plant them ether on something or make sure you cut downward facing roots. Or place the tree / seedling on a board or in some way just make the roots flat before planting.

Tap roots / downward facing roots can fight you like hell.

No this is why I say that.

Okay well I'll try photos later they won't load.

Last edited:
Top Bottom