New Star trek Show!

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
So last night I watch Orville and the new Star trek show and I must say I loved both of them. I grew up watching all the star trek shows and they have a special place in my heart. Plus I LOVE SPACE!!!

Anyone else watch the new shows?

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
No idea when I will get to see The Orville but Star Trek I have been waiting for, I have the internet fixed now so will probably watch it on Netflix tonight.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I taped the pilot but not sure if I am going to watch it. I am kinda pissed that it is going to be only streamed on an additional sub service. I already pay enough for cable, I dont want to have to sub to 10 other things just to watch tv

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I taped the pilot but not sure if I am going to watch it. I am kinda pissed that it is going to be only streamed on an additional sub service. I already pay enough for cable, I dont want to have to sub to 10 other things just to watch tv

Yeah , it's like the want it to fail, not available to the masses. It is good though

reddog

Mame
Reaction score
If you have a couple of beers in you Orville is kind of funny. Seth McFarlane's shtick is starting to get old.

Star Trek Discovery has potential. The cast is below average. The two female leads do nothing for me. I like the story line though.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Politics and Religion Please!:p

Sorce

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I wanted to see the new Star Trek one, but from what I read it was only the Pilot that was on TV and the rest of it was streaming only? If thats the cased then I wont bother with that. That Orville one I have no interest in at all though. Seth McFarland is just one of those people I have never found to be funny for my taste.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I wanted to see the new Star Trek one, but from what I read it was only the Pilot that was on TV and the rest of it was streaming only? If thats the cased then I wont bother with that. That Orville one I have no interest in at all though. Seth McFarland is just one of those people I have never found to be funny for my taste.

Yeah the Orville one is hit or miss, but the star trek was really good. Not a lot of space shows right now and this is star trek and space so it's a win win 4 me

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
How do you get that streaming for Star Trek? Is that Netflix or something like that? I'm a bit ol'fashioned and don't quite understand how they are really doing that.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
How do you get that streaming for Star Trek? Is that Netflix or something like that? I'm a bit ol'fashioned and don't quite understand how they are really doing that.

There is about 8 or 10 streaming services it's available on. You need to have a computer or other box like an Xbox, ps4 hooked to your TV. Also hulu, amazon fire4, netflix and I forget what else.

You will need a subscription to CBS All access on top of that.

Or you can have one of those services and watch it on your computer.

Whichever method, you need fast enough Internet service to stream it.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I get it on Netflix.es, but we already had the subscription so that is lucky I guess. I find between Netflix, HBO and free satellite we have way more to watch than we have time for. Plus the fees for the subscriptions are far less than paying for a dedicated cable or satellite service.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Looked into it earlier to see how I can get it after Giga told me. I just don't have any of those pay/subscription services. I have a fast internet service I pay for, last test was 90/12 mbs but I already pay way too much per month so I just wont pay extra for other Tv stuff. IMO it's BS they force ya to pay more to see it.... Which sucks because I'd like to see the new Star Trek one.

Last edited:

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lt. Paul Stamets astromycologist!!

Ha, that is something, just google the name if you don't know who Stamets is in real life.

I haven't seen it, no cable TV or whatever you need to see it. Hope to watch someday.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
ST was always free/family friendly. Now must pay for cable and cbs all access? Not to mention profanity and open homosexual perversion. Neither family friendly, audience friendly nor morally decent. Do these morons design in ruination of a great franchise:confused:?

AutumnWolf13

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I already pay for a channel to get ONE THING...Game Of Thrones (because I'm addicted)
I refuse to have to pay to watch another! I paid $160 a month, and tried to watch "Young Sheldon" and they wanted $1.50 to watch it on demand.
NO MORE!!!

Top Bottom