New stock from Jerry M.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Hey all,

I received some new stock from Jerry Meislik yesterday. I paid for a rare form of Ficus virens, and Jerry threw in a Ficus obliqua, Mini Leaf Ficus, and a Mystery species Ficus.

Here's the Ficus Virens. It's a hard to find Thai form that has emerging red leaves and dark bark. It's great starting material.
010.jpg
011.jpg
014.jpg

If you're interested, Jerry has two more of this variety posted on eBay. I highly recommend it.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I was surprised to see he was selling on eBay a few days ago! Nice find and definitely let us know how things go.

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
He he he! I also collect figs...Jerry told me I have that one...I brought it from India. It has grown very fast in the ground.

KayaMooney

Mame
Reaction score
Those Ficus Microcarpa "melon seed" or "mini leaf" are very cool trees to use! Just remember that along with their dwarfed leaf size they have a dwarfed growth so you probably won't have anything workable for 10-15 years.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Interesting indeed that the leaves emerge a different color like so many non-tropicals. It reminds me of Ficus Elastica 'Burgundy' Rubber Tree which starts out reddish and turns deep green. Cool find :cool:

Grimmy

Top Bottom