New Tanuki

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score
Here is something I put together today. It needs to grow out for a year and them be styled but I think its a good start.

Attachments

• 100_7900.jpg
    100_7900.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 181

jamie11

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
gday mate, good start for tanuki, i think you need to route a channel around the front and get that whip in it and going out the back.

just a thought :D

jamie :D

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for posting. First of all, I have never attempted a tunuki and I applaud you for undrtaking the challenge. I think for all of your efforts, you can find a better piece of "deadwood" to really start the tree towards the best future. Plenty of twisted old garden junipers get left by the side of the road all the time. The best part is you don't have to try to save them.

I just read a great article on this. Google "behr appleby + tanuki" I found it to be a great read plenty of information to get a great start.

I'm sure you'll soon end up with a tree to be proud of, and the learning experience will only aid you in the future. Best of luck.

Dave

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments Dave,

Theres a lot more carving that will be done to this in next year or so.

I live in south Ga, theres not alot of old junipers out there and even less being taken out....Ones that are I'm always a day late they have gone to compost pile though the shredder LOL.

The stump is a juniper....Virginiana (Eastern Red Cedar)

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ok I see, more refinement on the deadwood as the tree takes shape. Best of luck and keep us posted. If you like, I'll send you a piece i find for the cost of shipping only.

Dave

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score
Ok I see, more refinement on the deadwood as the tree takes shape. Best of luck and keep us posted. If you like, I'll send you a piece i find for the cost of shipping only.

Dave

Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it.

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score

Thanks for posting Tom.

This was a good article and glad he wrote and posted it.

My tree I have maybe 5 hours in it right now, $20.00 pot , $5.00 in live tree, so, if I work and "Graft" dead branches on mine and spend 200 plus hours mine might look this good someday. I would have never thought about grafting dead branches on the truck.....LOL.

Top Bottom