Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
enough is enough... make peace..
so......who like bonsai? anyone?
lol
cheers and peace
I’ve posted 3-4 threads about trees here.
I’ve had enough of enuff of your kind with your jealous judgement wanting stardom..all the whatever light as a feather.

Tell me exactly how what I said wasn’t enough?

Exactly, you can’t.

Whenever you’re ready to look at trees let me see all the times you’ve looked at trees, otherwise show me you looked at more trees. Post up.

Post up and I’ll tell you when it’s enough.:rolleyes:

nobody likes bonsai

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
lol jim..do i offended you in any post? this is my 1st post in this thread..hmm..
ok...
cheers..i'm out

did I say you were offended? when you wish I was you’ll know you were wishing you had these trees and when you won’t it’s because you’re like the others...treeless

when you never get trees you’ll know you never had trees, so show the trees you never had to feel better about yourself...

post them as: I suck at bonsai, then @, then your name

then I will wait for you to thank me

Reaction score
did I say you were offended? when you wish I was you’ll know you were wishing you had these trees and when you won’t it’s because you’re like the others...treeless

when you never get trees you’ll know you never had trees, so show the trees you never had to feel better about yourself...

post them as: I suck at bonsai, then @, then your name

then I will wait for you to thank me
i don't understand where all that coming from...sudden anger.. so much negative...
but your comments can be a rap lyrics to tbh.
cheers.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
i don't understand where all that coming from...sudden anger.. so much negative...
but your comments can be a rap lyrics to tbh.
cheers.

sorry...it’s like it was infectious. my trees are not really good. I apologize. that was awful.

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
That is your response to something I predicted halfway through this thread, good job lol. Your responses are always the same...’I’m the best and have been on all the boards...blah blah blah' and 'I made Ryan’s career' which inevitably is followed shortly after with 'show me your trees so I can show you mine because I have a compulsive need to boast about my trees' or some other skipping CD-R like rhetoric.

I don’t think you understand what the term “big mouth” means, but I blame Dunning-Kruger for that. We could do your tree challenge and I’ll be the first to admit my trees are far from refined. The only isssue I have is I don’t think I can tell any of your trees apart. You could be posting the same tree from different seasons and angles and no one would know. Last time I posted a tree the most you could say was about the traffic on it haha.
Keep at it, it will come to you some day....

oh...and thanks for checking out my trees in such detail. I am moved.

Solaris

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I challenge you to write a good constructive article about any number of methods in the art of bonsai. Maybe a progression of a few of your best trees. Explain where you see them in ten years and how you plan to get there.

Then after you been doing this for 35 years, have trees that have won cash awards, belonged to as many as five clubs at one time, been officers in two of those clubs, organized their yearly exhibits and all the while also spending five years as a trustee for Golden State Bonsai Federation and the Chairman of the Grants and Scholarship program who paid to send people like Boon and Ryan to Japan to study.

Belonged to half a dozen discussion groups over the last 25 years. My contributions to this forum are many as well as to those before this one. My blog still continues to draw hundreds of readers daily. So..... after you do all that, get back to me and we can discuss the sorry state of this forum and it’s dying sticks in pots.

Cheers to ya noob
Al

Yeah, that's about what I expected.

The fact that you think being good at a hobby makes it acceptable for you to treat others like shit is why so many people - myself included - don't give a fig what you've done in the hobby. Your immediate response to any sort of criticism, whether or not it has anything at all to do with bonsai, is to leap to a dick-measuring contest. Congratulations. You have older trees than I do, and you know more about keeping them in pots than I do. It's probably fortunate for you that they'll leave much more of a legacy of your time on this world than you as a person.

How many friends do you have, Al? Not sycophants attracted to your prestige, not people buttering you up to learn from you, not people who sometimes share a beer with you after you've done something for them, not people who simply tolerate your presence. How many actual friends do you have? If how you act here is any indication of who you are as a person, I'm pretty sure we both already know the answer, and it's a sad one. Attention-desperate narcissists tend to not have long-term, meaningful relationships.

There are plenty of bonsai artists who are better than you who can somehow manage to not to be complete asses. They even have a bit of humility. Maybe you should learn that particular skill from them... unless you're happy with your life the way it is. Given your age and the fact that I'm no doubt far from the first person to tell you something along these lines, you probably are - or you're too lazy to put the effort in at changing. Either way, it amounts to the same thing.

I'm not jealous of you, Al, nor do I hate you. If I cared enough about yet another internet-dwelling asshole, I'd pity you. I'm sure there's something sadder than a man old enough to be my grandfather acting like a preening, pissy teenager convinced his shit doesn't stink, but for the life of me I can't think of anything.

I've got a challenge for you, instead: Grow up. Get over yourself. It's decades overdue.

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
Yeah, that's about what I expected.

The fact that you think being good at a hobby makes it acceptable for you to treat others like shit is why so many people - myself included - don't give a fig what you've done in the hobby. Your immediate response to any sort of criticism, whether or not it has anything at all to do with bonsai, is to leap to a dick-measuring contest. Congratulations. You have older trees than I do, and you know more about keeping them in pots than I do. It's probably fortunate for you that they'll leave much more of a legacy of your time on this world than you as a person.

How many friends do you have, Al? Not sycophants attracted to your prestige, not people buttering you up to learn from you, not people who sometimes share a beer with you after you've done something for them, not people who simply tolerate your presence. How many actual friends do you have? If how you act here is any indication of who you are as a person, I'm pretty sure we both already know the answer, and it's a sad one. Attention-desperate narcissists tend to not have long-term, meaningful relationships.

There are plenty of bonsai artists who are better than you who can somehow manage to not to be complete asses. They even have a bit of humility. Maybe you should learn that particular skill from them... unless you're happy with your life the way it is. Given your age and the fact that I'm no doubt far from the first person to tell you something along these lines, you probably are - or you're too lazy to put the effort in at changing. Either way, it amounts to the same thing.

I'm not jealous of you, Al, nor do I hate you. If I cared enough about yet another internet-dwelling asshole, I'd pity you. I'm sure there's something sadder than a man old enough to be my grandfather acting like a preening, pissy teenager convinced his shit doesn't stink, but for the life of me I can't think of anything.

I've got a challenge for you, instead: Grow up. Get over yourself. It's decades overdue.
Bravo! Feels good don't it. Another punk kid wagging the dog by the tail. I been dealing with punks like you on the internet for 25 years... you come and you go....I'm still here.

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Ok folks. as the original poster I'd like to formerly end this thread. How does an innocent idea descend into this kind of insulting and aggressive behavior?!! Come on, people, please put a stop to this. This is an interesting, elegant hobby and it doesn't deserve this kind of bitterness.

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ok folks. as the original poster I'd like to formerly end this thread. How does an innocent idea descend into this kind of insulting and aggressive behavior?!! Come on, people, please put a stop to this. This is an interesting, elegant hobby and it doesn't deserve this kind of bitterness.
I couldn’t agree more. Fortunately, about 99% of the people here feel the same way as you just expressed about the nature of the hobby. I thought you raised an interesting question, well worthy of respectful discourse, in the first place. It’s sad that one Olympic-class horse’s ass managed to bait some others into the gutter—though his status as a master baiter has been well-documented in at least three personae.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I honestly regret the things i said in previous posts..however sardonic & sarcastic. As I’ve said in a previous quasi-related post, I really can’t stand a bully. I apologize to all in this community for playing into the gutter (well said). Much love to you again @Bonsai toto, and you all
I could not agree with you more @shinmai.
Thank you Joe for starting this thread. It is a very interesting and thought provoking question. I thought so the first time I watched Ryan Neil’s interview with Bill Valvantis and then listened to it twice again in the following days.

I’ve heard Ryan (via web availability) lightly touch on this idea since, and it remains an interesting one.

However beautiful as is now, the continents of north and South America are sure to naturally shift this art, by way of the local species alone, many undiscovered for bonsai practice perhaps.

Thanks @Joe Dupre'

Top Bottom