new to bonsai

smitte10

Seed
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to bonsai iv always liked it but like a lot of people just figured that you needed some special tree and needed to be an expert to do the up keep. Recently I went to a freinds house and his father had one and told me most people can keep them alive farly easily so here I am.

I wanted to do this indoors under an aerogarden light (i have 2 areogarden lights if needed).from the little research iv done online till I stumbled Opon this site I think I wana start with a pre bonsai seeing as an already trained one can drain your money clip.

So what kind of tree does good indoors under artificial light. What kinda light cycle. Basic care and so on.
Really any info you think a beginner should have.

Thanks guys

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi,

Welcome to B-Nut!

Don't be discouraged if it takes some time before someone answers you. Recently, there seem to be a rush of trolling from new members.

You can also use the search function...there are lots of discussion about artificial lighting here (hint: t5 or t8 fluorescent). Also search for ficus which is the usual choice for indoor.

Good luck!

Duhend

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I would go with a ficus as well as a learning plant. Mine just never seem to die, even after my cat chewed the leaves off of them. The ones I have I keep indoors in a window and they do great.

Top Bottom