New (to me) Albright and Barton pots

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Extremes

I'm jealous. I love the extremes of bonsai. I can imagine one of my nice gentle maples in the blue pot. Pleasing to the eye and gentle.

Then the other pot is for a brutally, gnarled, twisted tree. It's rugged and tough and ready to be that with a tree. I find so many pots are just like each other, plain and vanilla. I am always on the lookout for pots like these. Something just a little extra special.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Like both. I've got a 22" x 13" x 1" tray by Albright in the same blue glaze. It's one of my favorites.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've got a 22" x 13" x 1" tray by Albright in the same blue glaze. It's one of my favorites.

Good to know. That must be a monster...can you post a pic? (w/ or w/o tree(s)) :D

Thanks!

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't own any albright pots. I do own a dan barton pot which I treasure.
I consider Dan one of the most talented and best individual around.

he signed my pot and then enscribed a haiku on the bottom. It was made for a hemlock that didn't make it to the next stage from yamadori. I may never put a tree in it or it'll have to be something very special.

I have some aspinal pots that i also have a high regard for.

Attachments

• IMG_2250.JPG
    IMG_2250.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 31

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Here's a picture of a Dan Barton pot I got a few weeks ago, this is 1 of 4 I ordered from him. Only received 2 so far, 2 more should be arriving in the next few weeks. Dan says he considers this pot to be one of the best pots he's ever made. It's a treasure for sure. ;)View attachment 31446

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Nice pots, Dario. I really like that Dan Barton. It really has a nice feel of age to it and should compliment a nice gnarly conifer bunjin.

Congrats on the score!

Cory

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's the blue Albright tray, along with a few of my other favs, two from Sara and one gold one from Peter Krebs.

Attachments

• albrightblue.jpg
    albrightblue.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 38
  • albrightblue2.jpg
    albrightblue2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 32
  • rayner.jpg
    rayner.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 38
  • krebs.jpg
    krebs.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 34
  • krebs2.jpg
    krebs2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 23

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks rockm. I'm really liking Sara Rayner pots. Soon....(I hope).... :D

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sara pots

One of the many bonsai joys of living in MN is the chance to visit Sara Rayner in her shop and see all the pots I can't afford!! I love the texture she creates and the stoneware I can count on here in the frozen tundra.

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Here's a picture of a Dan Barton pot I got a few weeks ago, this is 1 of 4 I ordered from him. Only received 2 so far, 2 more should be arriving in the next few weeks. Dan says he considers this pot to be one of the best pots he's ever made. It's a treasure for sure. ;)View attachment 31446

Here's a pic of one of his trees in the same pot. His tree is a Hawthorne, some day I hope to have an equally impressive tree in the same pot. Ive been working on a crabapple for about 5 years another 5 and it may be ready. His tree sadly died so he decided to sell it.

View attachment 31522

mat

Chumono
Reaction score
Here's a pic of one of his trees in the same pot. His tree is a Hawthorne, some day I hope to have an equally impressive tree in the same pot. Ive been working on a crabapple for about 5 years another 5 and it may be ready. His tree sadly died so he decided to sell it.

View attachment 31522

interesting stand on a stand in that photo

Top Bottom