New to me pots

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Almost every bonsai pot I’ve owned up to this point was either given to me or I purchased from a local nursery. All pretty crappy mass produced stuff. They’ve all been great for what I had in regards to trees, but some of my trees are deserving of something better. I’ve purchased 4 pots in the last 4 months with 3 recent pickups. 2 from Bonsai Pot Auctions for the first time and one large Yixing. Nothing over the top nice or fancy, but I’m excited as this was one of my BNUT New Years resolutions from @Brian Van Fleet post. Better pots.

this one is from American Bonsai

yixing from amazon

And the 2 from Bonsai Pot Auctions

Yamafusa

Reihou

Last edited:

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I just got a “new” Handmade Gyosan from Matty O.:

79921ADF-F777-4C00-8C39-CD806A594B3A.jpeg

The tree is sitting on a turntable, so the two pots are the same height. The Gyosan has a lip, whereas the “old” pot doesn’t, so the outside dimensions as measured across the top are about the sam. But the old pot has straight sides and the Gyosan curve in. Making the Gyosan have a lighter, more feminine feel to it.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just got a “new” Handmade Gyosan from Matty O.:

View attachment 277116

The tree is sitting on a turntable, so the two pots are the same height. The Gyosan has a lip, whereas the “old” pot doesn’t, so the outside dimensions as measured across the top are about the sam. But the old pot has straight sides and the Gyosan curve in. Making the Gyosan have a lighter, more feminine feel to it.
Very cool. Yeah I’m very excited about my acquisitions. Though small, they’ll fit some Cotoneaster and boxwood I have. I need a few larger unglazed for a few spruce I’ll be potting in the next year or 2. Thanks for sharing.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice pick ups. I really like the Reihou.
Thanks. Yeah, I love the color and shape of that one. Bonsai Pot Auctions on FB has had some great fair priced selections.

Top Bottom