New website to buy Yamadori Pines and Junipers

arcina

Mame
Reaction score
All:

I have been collecting trees for few years in Texas and Colorado. Most of the trees have been for my personal collection. However, I am running out of space so I decided to sell some of the trees. I really enjoy collecting but I need to make space for new material so I will be adding trees if there is interest in the material.

All the trees in the website are displayed in a 360 view and you can zoom in/out and rotate angle as you wish. I always found hard to choose a tree online based on few pictures. This is just an experiment and I hope to improve the trees, website and quality of pictures. The link is below. Any feedback will be strongly appreciated.

https://e224121430280313e297bcf31dd.../host/0B_a4Lp9gol_taHAxeXN1NV94TzA/index.html

Thanks

arcina

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Looking good.

Observations/suggestions.
-D-trees link opens to junipers
-Some pics are not yet uploaded.
-Add price at thumbnails if possible. For now, you have to click it to find this out.
-Provide general location (City, State) in your website since you allow item pick-up.

Good luck!

arcina

Mame
Reaction score
Thanks. I fixed the link for decidious. I have not loaded any tree in that area so I removed the link. I added the location to the shipping info (Murphy, TX). I will add price in the thumbnails. Great idea

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice. I've not heard of Ashe Juniper before. What other trees besides those do you normally collect? Ever any Rocky Mountain Juniper? I look forward to the mystery of the deciduous button.;)

Jaberwky17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Nice start

I like the views and looking forward to seeing some more selection. Good job.

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Two thoughts...

First...wouldn't it be easier, and just as effective, to just shoot video instead of a dozen or more photos of each tree?

Second... I think you need to splurge and get a domain name...folks will be hesitant to click on a link with a bunch of numbers and letters...looks suspicious

John

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I personally know this guy and have seen his collected material In person. He has some very nice material and is a good guy. When the budget allows I really want to get one of his pines.

arcina

Mame
Reaction score
I personally know this guy and have seen his collected material In person. He has some very nice material and is a good guy. When the budget allows I really want to get one of his pines.

Thank you very much. I just added 2 more trees. 2 more ponderosa that have been growing very well.

arcina

Mame
Reaction score
Two thoughts...

First...wouldn't it be easier, and just as effective, to just shoot video instead of a dozen or more photos of each tree?

Second... I think you need to splurge and get a domain name...folks will be hesitant to click on a link with a bunch of numbers and letters...looks suspicious

John

I see your point. However, the video does not provide the same control I was looking for. I wanted to be able to move frame by frame and be able to zoom in/out in the areas that I was interested in (deadwood, twists, curves). I am attaching some screens that show how to access the steps of how to use the functionality of the website.

Thank you very much for your suggestions

Attachments

• example_where_to_find_manual.jpg
    example_where_to_find_manual.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 219
  • help_instructions.jpg
    help_instructions.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 255

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Some nice trees! Best of luck! :)

Do you collect any pinyon pines, and/or southwestern white pines?

arcina

Mame
Reaction score
Some nice trees! Best of luck! :)

Do you collect any pinyon pines, and/or southwestern white pines?

I collected one pinyon close to Grand Junction in Colorado (mostly sandstone). It is a little harder to find nice twisted ones that are collectable in sandstone. However, I am going to check some rocky areas later on this year and see if I am lucky and I could find good ones. I have collected some southwestenr white pines (small ones) in South NM. They really do well in hot weather and grow well. I am trying to find good places for much bigger ones now that I know they will do well in the Texas weather.

Your trees are very nice. I just saw your post in FB. Great job collecting. Hopefully one day we could collect together. I have been always curious about WY and the great.

arcina

Mame
Reaction score
Looking good.

Observations/suggestions.
-D-trees link opens to junipers
-Some pics are not yet uploaded.
-Add price at thumbnails if possible. For now, you have to click it to find this out.
-Provide general location (City, State) in your website since you allow item pick-up.

Good luck!

I added the price to the thumbnail. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

James H

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I went to your site and I like it. I am very interested in going out and collecting wild trees so seeing your site was very interesting. I was wondering do you do any shaping or styling with the trees you collect ? Do you have any problems with bringing pines back from Colorado? I have family in Colorado and am always tempted to bring back some Pines or Juniper but didnt know if they would be ok on the drive back. Your site give me some plans and hope to do the same thing someday.

arcina

Mame
Reaction score
I went to your site and I like it. I am very interested in going out and collecting wild trees so seeing your site was very interesting. I was wondering do you do any shaping or styling with the trees you collect ? Do you have any problems with bringing pines back from Colorado? I have family in Colorado and am always tempted to bring back some Pines or Juniper but didn't know if they would be ok on the drive back. Your site give me some plans and hope to do the same thing someday.

I do not really do any shaping right away. I wait at least 1 season and I do that with Ponderosa because the branches are very flexible so it is not very stressful for the tree. Ponderosas grow quite amazingly here. The long season with a very strong fertilization cycle get them to backbud and in some cases I have seen 2 flushes of growth (not always and not in all the branches). I follow Ryan Neil and Randy Knight guidelines with collected trees (I do not repot until the 3-4 year. This only for trees collected from rocky areas). They are quite hardy here because they love sun and can handle the temperature. However, direct sun light burns the tips of the needles so some protection is required (They still thrive in full sun but you have to be much more careful with watering).

Bringing trees is not a problem, just be sure that the roots do not dry out and that the root ball is packed very well to reduce stress from the movement in transportation.

Hopefully, this information is useful for you.

arcina

Mame
Reaction score
I collected one pinyon close to Grand Junction in Colorado (mostly sandstone). It is a little harder to find nice twisted ones that are collectable in sandstone. However, I am going to check some rocky areas later on this year and see if I am lucky and I could find good ones. I have collected some southwestenr white pines (small ones) in South NM. They really do well in hot weather and grow well. I am trying to find good places for much bigger ones now that I know they will do well in the Texas weather.

Your trees are very nice. I just saw your post in FB. Great job collecting. Hopefully one day we could collect together. I have been always curious about WY and the great.

arcina

Mame
Reaction score
Dan:

I came back from NM and I was able to collect some nice Southwestern White Pines, Pinyons, Alligator Junipers, Gray oaks, Ponderosa, oneseed juniper and a douglas fir.

Thanks

Alvaro

Attachments

• Pinyon.jpg
    Pinyon.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 237
  • PinyonBeforeCollecting.jpg
    PinyonBeforeCollecting.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 221
  • BaseAlligatorJuniper.jpg
    BaseAlligatorJuniper.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 232