New Workshops at Pavement Ends

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Spring is close enough! Let's get together at Pavement Ends!

Here's a link to my calendar showing workshop dates and information on them. We start with repotting and wiring, moving into spring work and on toward the summer with pines.

I look forward to seeing folks and their trees again, and perhaps some new folk too.

Some Previous workshops:

Chris%27s%20Woprkshop%203-8-08%20040_1205191185.jpg

P1011436a.jpg

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hey Chris; Post some more info for folks about location, etc. The info in your link is pretty sparse. An address would be nice :) Maybe a Google Earth image showing miles of bonsai benches waiting to be filled...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Actually I prefer not to put a lot of that information out on the web, since Pavement Ends is also my home. I'm happy to PM or email anyone who wants to come with directions and a map. Of course I will say that I am about 45 minutes southwest of Kansas City (Ottawa, KS) for anyone who would like to visit. That kind of gives you plenty of info to see if you can make it.

We'll be meeting starting at 9 AM and working until 2 or 3 PM, and I'm providing all the wire and soft drinks.

Here are a couple more images:

P1011420a.jpg

P1011661.JPG

ksbonsai

Seed
Reaction score
Excellent workshops

After one winter storm cancellation and two excellent workshops, I have to say that anyone who passed up the opportunity to attend missed a great opportunity. We worked on wiring, potting, chopping and air layering.

Chris does an excellent job of explaining not only how but why a particular wiring technique works and why others do not. His explanations and demonstrations make it easy to understand how to make the best use of wire. And lets not forget the opportunity to put this new found knowledge to practice on some of his trees, then him pointing out your mistakes and letting you do it again until you get it right.

Keep up the good instruction and remember "if you teach it they will come"

Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's been fun so far, and we will be getting together again soon. Thanks, Tom!

TimD

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I hope ya get great turnouts Chris. Be sure to take lotsa pics.

Top Bottom