newbie saying hello

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
hello all

i'm john from the UK, i've been into bonsai for about ten years and am a member of the south yorkshire bonsai club:)

we have members that have been bonsai-ing for thirty or more years, some have been to japan to learn more (i'm glad they did as i'm not too good:eek: )

i found that after a while of being a bonsai nut that i was eying up trees in peoples front gardens whilst out and about in my jalopy, occasionally, i would get people blowing their horns at me while i was deciding how to style the pine in a garden and the lights had gone green:rolleyes:

i have a few half nice trees and nearly a garden full of not so nice trees that i just can't bring myself to throw away:confused:

anyhow, i'll stop jabbering on now before i put everyone to sleep with boredom:D :D

regards, john:)

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Hi John, welcome to the (bonsai)nut house. Nice to see someone from your area of the world becoming active here.

Looking forward to more posts from you in the future. Let us konw if we may be of assistance.

bonsapien

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
looking where i'm goin

Hi John...I also do that while driving. hahahahaha

Tom

ianb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Eyup John,

Another yorkshireman here, grew up in Barnsley, moved to the US in 1999. Have you been over to John Hanby's place, you are lucky to have a nice nursery near you, the nearest one for me is 3.5 hours drive.

Cheers
Ian

Hannah

Seed
Reaction score
too much Yorkshire going on here...

Attachments

• Lancashire Rose.jpg
    Lancashire Rose.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 5

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
thanks for the welcomes guys (and gal!!)

ian, yes i've been to john hanby's bonsai centre, i even got my pic in bonsai europe mag at the bonsai extravaganza:D :D (that ought to frighten any youngsters enough to keep them from the gentle art of bonsai !!:eek: )
we have a few people attend our club that used to be members of johns class (very nice people all of them)

hannah, that is a beautiful rose (shame about the colour though:rolleyes: :D )

thanks again for the welcome, i'm sure that it won't be long before i'm picking your collective brains;) :D

rgds, john:)

Top Bottom