Newbie stubborness

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It seems to me that it is the nature of this site. Or maybe it is the nature of plant people, I really don't know. The older members seem to be every bit as assertive.
Just my two cents.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It seems to me that it is the nature of this site. Or maybe it is the nature of plant people, I really don't know. The older members seem to be every bit as assertive.
Just my two cents.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Its the nature of plant people. I've studied and worked with them a lot, they're all insane.
I'm a plant person. I fit the desciption.

That, and it's clearance sale in many garden stores before they have their winter shutdown; a lot of people can get their material for cheaps now.

I'm expecting a lot of 'I didn't know you shouldn't keep it indoors' kind of threads in a month or so.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Let the Flailing Flail.

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think some new people read through some of our livelier threads and think that's just how the cool kids should interact. I will say it seems you catch more flies with vinegar than with honey around here though.

Atom#28

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Personally, I'd like to apologize if I fall under that umbrella! I love this site and hope I'm not contributing to lowering the standards!

Same here. I truly appreciate this forum and the wisdom that is shared and archived here. Sorry if I have been overly zealous/annoying!

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If you listen to the old heads you will find that they continue to learn and discover every year and every season.
They don’t just stop learning. Following their tried and true methods just might put you on a good path for success. Never know till you try.

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Just my two cents.

You're completely wrong and I'll explain why in great detail...

nrgizerrod

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I would like to assert that I am not assertive. I fully embrace my newbie-ness.

I don't think it's unique to here, I see it all the time at work. People have their opinions which apparently is gospel and refuse to be open minded about anything. Never mind the fact they are dead ass wrong the vast majority of the time and if they would just shut up and listen to the SME, they may actually learn something and save everyone some heartburn.... not to mention time.

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I am retiring at the end of the year from my job in maintenance that I have had for 30 years. I was doing interviews yesterday for a position and one of the questions was “What in your experience particularly qualifies you for this position?”

One of the applicants replied “A fresh perspective, I can see things that seasoned veterans can not see”

Needless to say, he did not get the job.

Top Bottom